Renny Harlin offers insight into the making of 5 Days of War, his most personal film to date
5 Days of War is an action-packed international thriller from acclaimed director Renny Harlin. Based on true events, this intense film is a vivid account of a renegade American journalist, his cameraman and a local woman caught behind enemy lines, and determined to not only survive, but tell the world what was happening, during the swift but devastating 5-day war between Russian and the Georgian Republic in 2008.
We recently caught up with Renny Harlin to talk more extensively about the film and what inspired it. Our conversation is below.
The news that documentarian Tim Hetherington (director of Restrepo) died while behind enemy lines certainly hit hard. Your film focuses on the dangers of this particular job. How did hearing the news affect you, and help guide you in finalizing this for the big screen. »
Similar News ItemsOliver Stone (I)
- Quentin Tarantino's 10 Greatest Female Characters (From Cineplex. 29 January 2015, 2:30 PM, PST)
- ‘Girlhood’ Review: Coming-of-Age Movie’s Empathy for Impoverished Teen Girls Curdles Into Pity (From The Wrap. 29 January 2015, 11:58 AM, PST)
- Wilson sisters bring Undead Sun Rotterdam (From ScreenDaily. 27 January 2015, 1:37 AM, PST)
- A Brief History of Accurate Hacking Scenes in Movies, From ‘The Conversation’ to ‘Blackhat’ (From Slash Film. 27 January 2015, 9:20 AM, PST)
- Amy Adams Talks About Ben Affleck in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' (From LatinoReview. 26 January 2015, 5:03 PM, PST)
- Val Kilmer Brings Lookalike Son Jack to Clippers Game (From TooFab. 19 January 2015, 6:45 AM, PST)
Heather Graham (I)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Turned Down Roles in Blockbuster Movies Titanic, Boogie Nights: Does She Have Any Regrets? (From Us Weekly. 15 January 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)
- 5 Gwyneth Paltrow Revelations From Howard Stern Interview: ‘Iron Man’s’ Missing Script, Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck Breakups (From The Wrap. 14 January 2015, 2:55 PM, PST)
- Heather Graham's role in Flowers in the Attic sexy? (From National Ledger. 7 December 2014, 7:14 AM, PST)