Renny Harlin offers insight into the making of 5 Days of War, his most personal film to date
5 Days of War is an action-packed international thriller from acclaimed director Renny Harlin. Based on true events, this intense film is a vivid account of a renegade American journalist, his cameraman and a local woman caught behind enemy lines, and determined to not only survive, but tell the world what was happening, during the swift but devastating 5-day war between Russian and the Georgian Republic in 2008.
We recently caught up with Renny Harlin to talk more extensively about the film and what inspired it. Our conversation is below.
The news that documentarian Tim Hetherington (director of Restrepo) died while behind enemy lines certainly hit hard. Your film focuses on the dangers of this particular job. How did hearing the news affect you, and help guide you in finalizing this for the big screen. »
Similar News ItemsOliver Stone (I)
- Oliver Stone Directs World Cup 2014 Ad (From SoundOnSight. 3 December 2013, 10:50 PM, PST)
- Watch: Oliver Stone Directed & Starring World Cup Ad (From The Playlist. 2 December 2013, 7:05 AM, PST)
- Fool’s Gold: 8 Oscar Hopefuls That Never Took Off (From Collider.com. 30 November 2013, 6:12 AM, PST)
- Tribeca Films Score Rights to Gia Coppola, James Franco Film Palo Alto (From PasteMagazine. 2 December 2013, 2:15 PM, PST)
- Tribeca Film Nabs 'Palo Alto,' Gia Coppola's Feature Debut Starring Emma Roberts and James Franco (Trailer) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 2 December 2013, 10:13 AM, PST)
- Tribeca Film checks in to Palo Alto (From ScreenDaily. 2 December 2013, 9:09 AM, PST)
Heather Graham (I)
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes clip from The Hangover Part III (From Flickeringmyth. 3 December 2013, 7:03 AM, PST)
- DVD Review - The Hangover Part III (2013) (From Flickeringmyth. 2 December 2013, 4:26 AM, PST)
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival Predictions: Angus MacLachlan’s Goodbye to All That (From ioncinema. 19 November 2013, 8:00 AM, PST)