Our round-up of John Barry’s non-Bond movie scores continues with a look at some romantic compositions from the disco decade…
As we embark on the fourth part of our appreciation of John Barry’s career beyond Bond, we move into a decade renowned for its glitter balls, bell-bottoms and jiggle television. However, this phase of Barry’s career is representative of a burgeoning interest in more emotionally charged, fractured and complex ideas, viewed through the filter of a maturing, mellowing artist.
Even the most vibrant, exotic scores could not disguise the introspection and sensitivity of the man himself. He continued to chase universal themes – and he was still capable of conjuring up worlds of intrigue and drama – but the projects he gravitated towards more in the wake of Midnight Cowboy were those that allowed him to explore more intimate musical textures.
Barry still accepted a range of eclectic assignments, »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Gentle Giant Reveals Boba Fett Life-Size Action Figure (From DailyDead. 21 August 2014, 2:29 PM, PDT)
- Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" Music Video Style Is Freaky & Out of This World—The Fashion Police's Ruling! (From E! Online. 21 August 2014, 1:38 PM, PDT)
- Cinema Assault: Jane Fonda Is A Sexual Deviant (Episode 7) (From We Got This Covered. 21 August 2014, 11:28 AM, PDT)
Harrison Ford (I)
- Harrison Ford Takes His Bad Leg Out for a Slide (From The Wrap. 21 August 2014, 8:33 AM, PDT)
- Harrison Ford -- Solo Goes Yolo ... Plunges Down 2,500 Foot Slide (From TMZ. 21 August 2014, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- Why Guardians of the Galaxy is like Firefly and Serenity (From Shadowlocked. 20 August 2014, 3:28 PM, PDT)
Sherlock Holmes (2009)
- Young Sherlock Star Joins "Mr. Holmes" (From Dark Horizons. 21 August 2014, 9:36 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Nicholas Rowe To Cameo In Mr Holmes (From EmpireOnline. 20 August 2014, 5:01 PM, PDT)
- Release Details for Star Wars Rebels (From DailyDead. 20 August 2014, 10:24 AM, PDT)