Filed under: Movie News
Mark Wahlberg is piling on the projects like there's no tomorrow. In addition to the just-completed 'Contraband' and in-production films 'Ted,' 'Good Time Gang' and 'Broken City,' his name has been attached to 'The Brazilian Job,' 'Sharkey's machine,' 'Five Brothers,' 'Cocaine Cowboys' and the 'Entourage' movie, and now comes word via Deadline that he's in negotiations to star in '2 Guns' for Universal Pictures.
The film is based on a graphic novel about a DEA agent and an undercover naval intelligence officer who unwittingly investigate each other, with mob money and the CIA involved. Kind of a permutation on 'The Departed,' which also starred Wahlberg.
- Harley W. Lond
Similar News ItemsUniversal Pictures [us]
- SXSW: Jason Blum’s Keynote Points to Low Budget Television (From Variety - Film News. 9 March 2014, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- First Dumb and Dumber To Reviews are Extremely Positive (From Worst Previews. 8 March 2014, 4:52 AM, PST)
- Watch Jon Hamm's Face Go From Don Draper to Goofball in No Time (From BuzzSugar. 7 March 2014, 5:02 PM, PST)
Mark Wahlberg (I)
- Exhale: Lessons from the 2013-2014 Oscars season (From Hitfix. 9 March 2014, 11:09 PM, PDT)
- Cloverfield recap (From The Guardian - Film News. 9 March 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Cloverfield recap: monster turns up, knocks stuff over and leaves (From The Guardian - TV News. 9 March 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- SXSW Review: Is Jon Favreau's 'Chef' a Return to Indie Form? Only In the Context of His Own Career (From Indiewire. 8 March 2014, 1:12 PM, PST)
- Chef Review [SXSW 2014] (From We Got This Covered. 7 March 2014, 8:26 PM, PST)
- SXSW Review: Jon Favreau's 'Chef' Starring Sofia Vergara, Scarlett Johansson, John Leguizamo & More (From The Playlist. 7 March 2014, 6:40 PM, PST)