Summary: A rollercoaster-style treasure hunt for the legendary Fritton’s Gold ensues as the feisty and ever-resourceful schoolgirls of St Trinian’s face their most fearsome establishment rivals yet - the villainous Pomfrey and his sidekicks from the women-hating secret society known as AD1.
Analysis: While it didn't travel much beyond the UK, 2007's reboot of the "St Trinian's" franchise nearly doubled its £7 million production budget in sales in the UK alone - making it one of the top grossing independent British films of the past decade. Reviews were decidedly mixed but generally pretty weak at the time, so the greenlighting of a sequel surprised quite a few.
Despite a critical drubbing, the core audience of young British teenage girls seemed to be satisfied by »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsRobert Pattinson
- Maps To The Stars Review (From We Got This Covered. 26 February 2015, 7:06 PM, PST)
- Bruce Willis Action Pic ‘Wake’ Closes Down Amid Financing Woes (From Variety - Film News. 26 February 2015, 3:31 PM, PST)
- Robert Pattinson and Fka Twigs Make Love Look Easy at a Brit Awards Afterparty (From Popsugar. 26 February 2015, 11:15 AM, PST)
Kristen Stewart (I)
- This Groom Paused During His Wedding to Say Vows to His Bride's Daughter and It Was Truly Beautiful (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 February 2015, 1:26 PM, PST)
- Oscars 2016: 16 Films to Keep an Eye On (From Backstage. 26 February 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Film Review: ‘Tracers’ (From Variety - Film News. 25 February 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Every Day I'm Hustling: Film’s 10 most memorable con artists (From Cineplex. 25 February 2015, 2:17 PM, PST)
- Remember the First Time These Stars Hit the Red Carpet (From Popsugar. 25 February 2015, 1:50 PM, PST)
- ‘Fury’ Blu-ray Review (From Blogomatic3000. 25 February 2015, 5:01 AM, PST)