By Dylan Stableford
David Letterman is under fire over a joke. Again.
On Tuesday’s “Late Show,” announcer Alan Kalter interrupted Letterman during his monologue when the host mentioned that Amanda Simpson, President Obama's appointment to the Commerce Department's Bureau of Industry and Security, is a transgender woman.
"What?!” Kalter shouted. “Amanda?! Amanda used to be a dude?! Oh my God!!"
In a letter to CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler, Allyson Robinson of the Human Rights Campaign -- the nation’s largest gay right »
- Dylan Stableford
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Critic's Notebook: Larry Wilmore Underwhelms at White House Correspondents' Dinner (From The Hollywood Reporter. 30 April 2016, 9:31 PM, PDT)
- White House Correspondents' Dinner 2016: President Obama's 10 Best Jokes (From TVLine.com. 30 April 2016, 9:17 PM, PDT)
- Kendall Jenner Just Met President Barack Obama and You'll Never Guess What Happened Next (From E! Online. 30 April 2016, 8:55 PM, PDT)
- Judd Apatow, Jeffrey Tambor, Sarah Silverman Pay Tribute to Garry Shandling (From Variety - TV News. 25 April 2016, 12:54 AM, PDT)
- Chelsea Handler Slams E! (Again): ‘I Wasn’t Impressed With Anybody’ (From Variety - TV News. 18 April 2016, 7:58 AM, PDT)
- People Review: Scandal's Kerry Washington Stars as Anita Hill in HBO's Confirmation (From PEOPLE.com. 16 April 2016, 11:45 AM, PDT)