I mentioned that I can no longer eat or drink. A reader wrote: "That sounds so sad. Do you miss it?" Not so much really. Not anymore. Understand that I was never told that after surgery I might lose the ability to eat, drink and speak. Eating and drinking were not mentioned, and it was said that after surgery I might actually be able to go back to work on television.
Success in such surgery is not unheard of. It didn't happen that way. The second surgery was also intended to restore my speaking ability. It seemed to hold together for awhile, but then, in surgeon-speak, also "fell apart."
A third surgery was attempted, using a different approach. It seemed to work, and in a mirror I saw myself looking familiar again. But after a little more than a week, that surgery failed, too. Blood vessels intended to attach the transplanted tissue lost function, »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsCormac McCarthy
- Why 'Mother, May I Sleep With Danger' Is Smarter Than You Think (From Rolling Stone. 18 June 2016, 7:05 PM, PDT)
- James Franco’s Movie Column: ‘Swiss Army Man’ is a Moving Bromance (With a Farting Corpse) (From Indiewire. 14 June 2016, 8:59 AM, PDT)
- Hell Or High Water Review [Cannes 2016] (From We Got This Covered. 22 May 2016, 12:15 PM, PDT)
Leap Year (2010)
- New Generation of Mexican Filmmakers Reaches Out to Europe, U.S. (From Variety - Film News. 15 May 2016, 11:08 AM, PDT)
- Los Cabos Winners ‘Habitacion,’ ‘Carrion,’ ‘William’ Head to Cannes (From Variety - Film News. 26 April 2016, 2:32 AM, PDT)
- Adele -- Fan's Leap Day Proposal Fails (Video) (From TMZ. 1 March 2016, 8:58 AM, PST)
Black Jack (II)
- How ‘Outlander’ Showrunner Ronald D. Moore Brought Women’s Voices to the Sexy Bodice-Ripper (Emmy Video) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 21 June 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- How ‘Outlander’ Showrunner Ronald D. Moore Brought Women’s Voices to the Sexy Bodice-Ripper (Emmy Video) (From Indiewire. 21 June 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Review: ‘Outlander’ Brings Revenge After Some Key Reveals (From Indiewire. 18 June 2016, 7:00 PM, PDT)