The publishers of Britain's News of the World shut the publication down last month amid allegations a private investigator working for the newspaper had illegally accessed voicemail messages belonging to celebrities, royals and crime victims.
The incident prompted a world-wide probe into a number of other major publications in a bid to weed out unethical news-gathering practices and now Mills is concerned her privacy may have been violated too.
The model, who ended her marriage with the Beatles star in 2006, alleges a senior journalist at Britain's Trinity Mirror group - the newspaper organisation which owns both the Daily Mirror and the Sunday Mirror - hacked into her voicemail 10 years ago.
Speaking about the incident on BBC programme Newsnight, Mills claims a reporter called her in 2001 and regurgitated intimate details of a message left to her by then-boyfriend McCartney.
Recalling the interaction she had with the alleged hacker, she says, "He said, 'Oh, I hear you've had a big argument with your boyfriend.' And I said, 'And why would you know this?' And he started quoting verbatim the messages from my machine...
"And I said, 'You've obviously hacked my phone and if you do anything with this story... I'll go to the police.' (And he responded), 'Ok, Ok, yeah we did hear it on your voice messages, I won't run it.'"
Mills did cite the name of the journalist during the interview, however TV bosses at the BBC bleeped out the name.
Similar News ItemsPaul McCartney
- Beyonce, Paul McCartney 'become gym buddies' during Coachella Festival (From RealBollywood. 18 April 2014, 11:19 PM, PDT)
- Sir Paul McCartney to include fans' pics in 'Save Us' video (From RealBollywood. 16 April 2014, 3:22 AM, PDT)
- Revisiting The Beatles'classic film, 'A Hard Day's Night,' at 50 (From Hitfix. 15 April 2014, 9:37 AM, PDT)
Heather Mills (II)
- What A Waste Of Money! The Most Expensive Celeb Weddings That Ended In Divorce (From TheFabLife - Movies. 10 March 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Appeals Court: Paul McCartney's Ex-Wife Doesn't Owe Publicist (From The Hollywood Reporter. 18 February 2014, 10:18 AM, PST)
- New York Hair Salon Criticizes Paul McCartney's Hair Color (From Uinterview. 17 February 2014, 9:00 PM, PST)
- Jeremy Paxman to perform one-man show at Edinburgh Fringe (From Digital Spy - TV news. 9 April 2014, 4:41 AM, PDT)
- What to Watch: Tonight's TV Picks - Bates Motel, W1A, Law & Order: UK (From Digital Spy - TV news. 9 April 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- The Review Show axed by the BBC after 20 years (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 March 2014, 8:39 AM, PDT)