Last year, Leonardo DiCaprio became a producer on an Ian Fleming biopic that was announced. DiCaprio's film company Appian Way boarded the project, according to an La Times report. Co-producer Andrew Lazar championed the original idea. "It's going to be very different from the Bond films," he told the Times. "There are a lot of different ways to crack biopics, but we're not trying to emulate a Bond movie... The idea that this guy's life informed the James Bond character is pretty fascinating."
Today comes word from Pajiba — quoting a source — that Palmstar Entertainment and Animus Films are developing an independently financed $40M biopic based on the life of Ian Fleming, and that James McAvoy is attached to star in the title role.
Currently using the working title, 'Ian Fleming', the movie will be about the man who gave birth to the character of James Bond, specifically focusing »
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- Taron Egerton and Jack Huston among those being considered for Robin Hood: Origins lead role (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 1 August 2015, 7:26 PM, PDT)
- Respect for Tom Cruise (From Flickeringmyth. 1 August 2015, 10:11 AM, PDT)
- Ian McKellen Joins the Packed Best Actor Race (From AwardsDaily. 31 July 2015, 3:34 PM, PDT)
- "X-Men: Apocalypse" - 'Psylocke' Kicks Ass (From SneakPeek. 1 August 2015, 4:57 PM, PDT)
- Bryan Singer teases Archangel's metal wings in new X-Men: Apocalypse set photo (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 1 August 2015, 10:26 AM, PDT)
- Daniel Radcliffe set for FBI thriller Imperium (From Flickeringmyth. 31 July 2015, 12:31 AM, PDT)
- 'The Martian' and Michael Moore lead 2015 Toronto Film Festival selections (From Hitfix. 28 July 2015, 8:24 AM, PDT)
- Tiff ’15 unveils initial lineup of films, opening with Jean-Marc Vallee’s ‘Demolition’ (From SoundOnSight. 28 July 2015, 7:46 AM, PDT)
- Venice premieres for three Oz films (From IF.com.au. 26 July 2015, 2:57 PM, PDT)