'Tis the season to be merry; it's also clearly the season for celebrity-studded short-film portmanteau seasons. Sky1 has come up with a Christmas-themed collection of 11 films lasting 10 minutes, all dialogue-free, that is unabashedly heartwarming, but also manages to inject a surprising amount of cinematic credibility into proceedings.
This sort of thing is normally a refuge for TV names taking a moment off from the day job and attempting to "stretch", or giving a shot in the director's chair for some actor or other – and the likes of Ross Kemp, Liza Tarbuck, Paterson Joseph and Peter Capaldi are all present and correct.
But there are some very odd participants floating about in Ten Minute Tales, people who I'd have thought would never have gone near a seasonal schmaltz-fest. For one, graphic novel maestro Neil Gaiman, »
- Andrew Pulver
Similar News ItemsNeil Gaiman
- How Neil Gaiman Will Remember His Friend, The Late Sir Terry Pratchett (From Kasterborous. 25 March 2015, 2:49 PM, PDT)
- Sleep of the Just | Sandman Meditations (From Boomtron. 23 March 2015, 1:49 PM, PDT)
- The Callow Way – Where Are The British Comic Book Movies? (From Flickeringmyth. 22 March 2015, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Cruise Performs Laugh-Out-Loud Stunts in MI5 Trailer (with Bonus Teaser) (From Alt Film Guide. 24 March 2015, 5:55 PM, PDT)
- ‘FairyTale: A True Story’ DVD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 24 March 2015, 4:12 AM, PDT)
- Dining With Bill Nighy, Broadway’s Newest Chef (From Vulture. 22 March 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Veep: The Complete Third Season’ Blu-ray Review (From Blogomatic3000. 28 March 2015, 3:08 PM, PDT)
- Doctor Who: 10 Best Moments Of The Tenth Doctor (From Obsessed with Film. 27 March 2015, 3:27 AM, PDT)
- Peter Capaldi Remembers Watching Rose in 2005 (From Kasterborous. 26 March 2015, 1:57 PM, PDT)