The pair team up in two forthcoming films; the romantic comedy about a couple in a long distance relationship, and kids' film Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.
And Applegate insists the two pictures couldn't be more different.
She tells the Belfast Telegraph, "It's called Going The Distance and it's very dirty. It's the polar opposite of Alvin And The Chipmunks. These people will not be able to go see that."
And she promises there's lots on offer for female fans in the raunchy comedy: "I saw a lot of Justin Long over the summer, I did - you'll see the movie and you'll know why I said that."
Similar News ItemsChristina Applegate
- Review: ‘Youth In Oregon’ is an Inconsistent But Rewarding Drama (From The Film Stage. 2 February 2017, 6:33 AM, PST)
- Exclusive: Christina Applegate on Playing 'Badass' Moms and 'Married... with Children's 30th Anniversary (From Entertainment Tonight. 1 February 2017, 10:35 AM, PST)
- Et Obsessions: Christina Applegate’s Rage, ‘Arrival’ and the Schuyler Sisters Reunited (From Entertainment Tonight. 30 January 2017, 7:20 AM, PST)
Justin Long (I)
- ‘Yoga Hosers’ VOD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 23 February 2017, 10:01 AM, PST)
- Jeepers Creepers 3 Finds Its Creeper Hunter (From MovieWeb. 21 February 2017, 2:34 PM, PST)
- Jeepers Creepers 3 Begins Production in Baton Rouge (From MovieWeb. 21 February 2017, 9:58 AM, PST)
Going the Distance (2010)
- 'Under the Shadow' looks like a great, slow burn horror flick (From Hitfix. 22 August 2016, 10:53 AM, PDT)
- Rogue One is going to fail (From Hitfix. 12 August 2016, 10:59 AM, PDT)
- Margot Robbie To Play Tonya Harding In 'I, Tonya' (From The Playlist. 22 March 2016, 7:24 AM, PDT)