Veteran actor Tom Aldredge has lost his battle with cancer at the age of 83.
The star died from lymphoma at a hospice in Tampa, Florida on Friday.
Aldredge was a regular on stage and screen, appearing in films like Cold Mountain in 2003 and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford in 2007.
He also earned a Daytime Emmy Award in 1978 for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Children's Programming for his role on Henry Winkler Meets Shakespeare; an episode aired as part of The CBS Festival of Lively Arts for Young People.
A celebrated Broadway star, Aldredge also starred in more than 28 stage productions including The Crucible, Twelve Angry Men and Tom Sawyer.
He landed a total of five Tony Award nominations throughout his stage career for performances in shows such as Sticks and Bones (1972), Stephen Sondheim musical Passion (1994), and Twentieth Century (2004).
Similar News Items"Boardwalk Empire" (2010)
- Binge Watchin' TV Review: Boardwalk Empire (From JoBlo. 25 November 2014, 4:40 PM, PST)
- HBO TV Show Ratings (updated 11/25/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 25 November 2014, 12:11 PM, PST)
- New TV spot for Marvel’s Agent Carter series (From Flickeringmyth. 25 November 2014, 11:57 AM, PST)
- Lukewarm Off The Presses: Hugh & Amy's Musicals, Diana's Director, Lee's Horror, & Eddie's Operation (From FilmExperience. 24 November 2014, 2:07 PM, PST)
- James Gunn says Nebula is the Boba Fett of Guardians of the Galaxy (From Flickeringmyth. 24 November 2014, 12:11 PM, PST)
- Glenn Close Reveals Mike Nichols' Final, "Touching" Words to Her (From The Hollywood Reporter. 24 November 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- When Mike Nichols' Early Films Hit Theaters for the First Time (From The Hollywood Reporter. 22 November 2014, 7:58 PM, PST)
- Mike Nichols: 5 Must-See Movies (From PEOPLE.com. 20 November 2014, 3:40 PM, PST)
- TCM to remember Mike Nichols with film tribute (From ChannelGuideMag. 20 November 2014, 1:53 PM, PST)