Henry Selick is the industry's go-to-guy for creating adult-themed cartoons that appeal to both young and old moviegoers. During this exclusive interview with MakingOf, Selick covers the timeline that his latest film "Coraline" required, the complexity of the sets and compares shooting stop-motion animation to live action, "everything is real."
Two of his films ("The Nightmare Before Christmas" and "Coraline") have been released in 3D and Selick believes that ""Avatar" is the film that is "either going to get 3D to take off completely or maintain this slow and steady growth."
Click here to watch the full interview. »
Similar News ItemsCoraline (2009)
- Win Acclaimed TV Series ‘American Gods’ On Blu-ray (From The Hollywood News. 4 August 2017, 1:04 AM, PDT)
- Bumblebee - John Cena Joins The Cast, Film Gets New Release Date And Synopsis (From LRM Online. 31 July 2017, 6:55 PM, PDT)
- Bumblebee Spinoff Begins Filming and Announces Release Date (From Cinelinx. 31 July 2017, 6:13 PM, PDT)
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
- Spirit Halloween Unleashes 6-Foot Tall Jack Skellington Animatronic (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 3 August 2017, 8:37 AM, PDT)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas Is Getting a Sequel - Well, Sort Of (From BuzzSugar. 1 August 2017, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’ Sequel is Coming…as a Comic Book (From Slash Film. 1 August 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Nightmare Before Christmas’ Comic Book Series Will Continue the Story (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 31 July 2017, 8:24 AM, PDT)
- Glas Animation Program Focuses on Sensuality in Shorts by Female Filmmakers (From Variety - Film News. 25 July 2017, 4:58 PM, PDT)
- The Russo Brothers To Direct FX Series ‘The Mastermind’ (From The Playlist. 14 July 2017, 11:29 AM, PDT)