Even though the film was set in New York City, and even though it's frankly a little weird to encourage tourists to take pictures of a giant woman flashing her nether regions, Chicago has just unveiled a bizarre and enormous 26-foot tall statue of Marilyn Monroe in her signature oops-my-dress-is-caught-in-this-subway-draft pose from Billy Wilder's "The Seven Year Itch" You know the one.
Judging from the crowds in all the pictures online, people are digging the statue. But it's already putting Ms. Monroe's likeness into awkward situations. Like this one where it looks like a guy is indulging her fetish for erotic asphyxiation. Or how about this one where a man prepares to get his certification as a gynecologist by giving her a thorough his inspection.
It's all a wee bit icky. Over at The Chicago Sun-Times, Richard Roeper is not a fan:
"Even worse than the sculpture itself is the photo-op behavior it's inspiring. »
- Matt Singer
Similar News ItemsMarilyn Monroe
- Two for the Road (From Trailers from Hell. 17 January 2017, 1:46 PM, PST)
- Why The Bachelor’s Nick Viall Is ‘Standing by Corinne and Her Confidence’: She’s ‘Bold, Sexy and Unique’ (From PEOPLE.com. 17 January 2017, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Join in on the Fun at Orlando Bloom’s Surprise Birthday Party (From PEOPLE.com. 15 January 2017, 3:16 PM, PST)
Sharon Stone (I)
- Guide To The Best Casino Films (From TheMovieBit. 13 January 2017, 6:28 AM, PST)
- Casinos and their influence on the movies (From The Hollywood News. 13 January 2017, 1:30 AM, PST)
- Palm Springs Film Festival: ‘Jewel’s Catch One’ (From Sydney's Buzz. 9 January 2017, 7:17 PM, PST)
- Sherlock, and the musical highlights of Sherlock Holmes (From Den of Geek. 15 January 2017, 5:30 AM, PST)
- Newswire: Rediscovered Marilyn Monroe footage reminds us dudes have always been kind of gross (From The AV Club. 14 January 2017, 4:18 PM, PST)
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Marilyn Monroe Uncovered (From Variety - Film News. 13 January 2017, 7:11 PM, PST)