The award-winning actor of stage and screen, who became the mainstay of the British costume drama, has died after suffering from cancer
Anna Massey, the award-winning British actor who played innocent victim for both Alfred Hitchcock and Michael Powell, has died from cancer at the age of 73. The news was confirmed in a brief statement from her agent: "Anna Massey Cbe passed away peacefully on Sunday 3rd July, with her husband and son by her side."
The daughter of the Hollywood actor Raymond Massey, Anna Massey began her career on stage, picking up a Tony nomination for her turn in The Reluctant Debutante at the age of 18. She made her screen debut in the 1958 crime drama Gideon's Day, directed by her godfather John Ford, and co-starred with Laurence Olivier on the cult 60s thriller Bunny Lake is Missing.
Yet Massey looks set to be best remembered for her roles in »
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsChristian Bale
- Justice League: Ben Affleck Says Justice League Will Have A More Traditional Batman (From LRM Online. 16 August 2017, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- Emma Stone named 2017's highest paid female actor (From ScreenDaily. 16 August 2017, 5:27 PM, PDT)
- Disturbance in the Force: why is Star Wars trying to make us hate Luke Skywalker? (From The Guardian - Film News. 14 August 2017, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Former Wgn America Head Matt Cherniss Joins Apple (From Variety - TV News. 15 August 2017, 3:39 PM, PDT)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming tops $700 million worldwide (From Flickeringmyth. 13 August 2017, 11:40 AM, PDT)
- People Explains: Everything You Need to Know About the Celebrity-Favorite Keto Diet (From PEOPLE.com. 10 August 2017, 1:28 PM, PDT)
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle gets a new poster and TV spot (From Flickeringmyth. 17 August 2017, 1:43 AM, PDT)
- ‘Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!’ Casts Broadway Star Jessica Keenan Wynn (From Variety - Film News. 16 August 2017, 3:43 PM, PDT)
- The Guardian view on Jane Austen: pride not prejudice | Editorial (From The Guardian - TV News. 13 August 2017, 11:26 AM, PDT)