This week World of the Dead: The Zombie Diaries 2 was given a DVD release in the UK (for our Us readers the flick is getting a home release on October 11, 2011). In anticipation of its release, we recently caught up with director Michael Bartlett to talk about the project and get the lowdown on what’s next for him and Zombie Diaries writer Kevin Gates.
Check out our Q&A with Bartlett below, and look for more on World of the Dead: The Zombie Diaries 2 (review here) soon!
Dread Central: Let’s go back to the beginning. How did you and writer Kevin Gates team up to create the original Zombie Diaries in 2006?
Michael Bartlett: I first met Kevin Gates in 2002, when he found my filmmaking blog, MakingTheFilm.Com, whilst searching for locations for his first feature. Kevin invited me to come along for a day to his shoot, and »
Similar News ItemsWorld War Z (2013)
- George Romero Remembered by Fans and Friends at Public Memorial Service (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 24 July 2017, 3:29 PM, PDT)
- ‘Justice League’ Extensive Reshoots Causing Headaches for Star Schedules (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 24 July 2017, 9:44 AM, PDT)
- Michael Fassbender chills in first trailer for upcoming thriller The Snowman (From HeyUGuys. 19 July 2017, 8:26 AM, PDT)
Planet of the Apes (2001)
- Revenge of the Auteur: As Bloated Franchises Bomb, Original Stories Own the Box Office (From Indiewire. 24 July 2017, 1:13 PM, PDT)
- Hollywood’s Virtual Reality Push: How All 6 Major Studios Stack Up (From The Wrap. 24 July 2017, 12:55 PM, PDT)
- Film Focus Podcast – Episode 35: War for the Planet of the Apes Review (From The Cultural Post. 23 July 2017, 1:44 PM, PDT)
Adam Green (VI)
- ‘Trapped’ DVD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 6 July 2017, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- Hatchet Army Unite! Film Touring for its 10th Anniversary with New Never-Before-Seen Cut! (From Dread Central. 3 July 2017, 4:02 PM, PDT)
- ‘Hatchet’ Going On Theatrical Tour for 10th Anniversary (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 3 July 2017, 2:55 PM, PDT)