Labeouf refused to go into details over the romance with his co-star, but he hinted during an interview that they became more than friends on the set.
Speaking to Details magazine, he said, "You're on the set for six months, with someone who's rooting to be attracted to you, and you're rooting to be attracted to them.
"I never understood the separation of work and life in that situation. But the time I spent with Megan was our own thing, and I think you can see the chemistry onscreen... It was what it was."
The actor insists he's unaware if Fox was dating her now-husband Brian Austin Green at the time of their tryst, and the actress has so far kept quiet about the speculation.
But now her publicist has confirmed Labeouf's revelations, telling the New York Daily News, "It is true."
Similar News ItemsTransformers (2007)
- Podcast: Reviewing 'Transcendence', Talking Cannes, Playing Games and Your Questions (From Rope Of Silicon. 18 April 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Small Time Movie Features Big-Time Stars (From ReelzChannel. 17 April 2014, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Summer Box-Office Forecast: Studio-by-Studio Breakdown (From The Hollywood Reporter. 17 April 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- James Franco and other celebs who just can't stand criticism (From EW.com - PopWatch. 19 April 2014, 1:56 PM, PDT)
- Victoria Beckham Wants to Have Dinner With Hillary Clinton (From Popsugar. 18 April 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Shia Labeouf Only Owns One Pair of Pants—Here's Proof! (From E! Online. 17 April 2014, 2:40 PM, PDT)
Megan Fox (I)
- Harvey Weinstein Backing Publicist Leslie Sloane's New Venture (From The Hollywood Reporter. 18 April 2014, 1:17 PM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan on "Watch What Happens Live" -- 5 Biggest Takeaways! (From TooFab. 17 April 2014, 8:13 PM, PDT)
- Top Hollywood Publicist Leslie Sloane Exits Bwr After 17 Years (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 16 April 2014, 4:28 PM, PDT)