Labeouf refused to go into details over the romance with his co-star, but he hinted during an interview that they became more than friends on the set.
Speaking to Details magazine, he said, "You're on the set for six months, with someone who's rooting to be attracted to you, and you're rooting to be attracted to them.
"I never understood the separation of work and life in that situation. But the time I spent with Megan was our own thing, and I think you can see the chemistry onscreen... It was what it was."
The actor insists he's unaware if Fox was dating her now-husband Brian Austin Green at the time of their tryst, and the actress has so far kept quiet about the speculation.
But now her publicist has confirmed Labeouf's revelations, telling the New York Daily News, "It is true."
Similar News ItemsTransformers (2007)
- Exclusive: ‘Dead Rising’ Movie Details Revealed By Director Zach Lipovsky (From Slash Film. 30 September 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- 10 Films That Should Have Ended Ten Minutes Earlier (From Obsessed with Film. 30 September 2014, 7:10 AM, PDT)
- Robots and Bay-hem loom large in 'Transformers: Age Of Extinction' concept art (From Hitfix. 29 September 2014, 4:45 PM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt Praises Shia Labeouf, Talks Directors and Saying 'No' in Hollywood (From Rope Of Silicon. 30 September 2014, 10:22 AM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt Thinks Shia Labeouf Is ‘One of the Best Actors’ He's Ever Seen (From The Wrap. 30 September 2014, 8:44 AM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt: Shia Labeouf and I Almost Fought Scott Eastwood on Fury Set (From Us Weekly. 30 September 2014, 1:20 AM, PDT)
Megan Fox (I)
- Brian Austin Green Instagrams the Best Family Photos (From Entertainment Tonight. 30 September 2014, 8:31 AM, PDT)
- Brian Austin Green Joins Instagram, Shares Adorable Family Photos of Megan Fox, Kids (From Us Weekly. 30 September 2014, 3:10 AM, PDT)
- Brian Austin Green and Megan Fox's Kids Are So Cute—See the New Pics of Sons Bodhi and Noah! (From E! Online. 29 September 2014, 7:45 PM, PDT)