Labeouf refused to go into details over the romance with his co-star, but he hinted during an interview that they became more than friends on the set.
Speaking to Details magazine, he said, "You're on the set for six months, with someone who's rooting to be attracted to you, and you're rooting to be attracted to them.
"I never understood the separation of work and life in that situation. But the time I spent with Megan was our own thing, and I think you can see the chemistry onscreen... It was what it was."
The actor insists he's unaware if Fox was dating her now-husband Brian Austin Green at the time of their tryst, and the actress has so far kept quiet about the speculation.
But now her publicist has confirmed Labeouf's revelations, telling the New York Daily News, "It is true."
Similar News ItemsTransformers (2007)
- Best of the Week: New 'Logan' and 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Previews, a New Way to Watch Movies and More (From Movies.com. 21 October 2016, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Are Toys and Theme Parks Cinema’s Last Hope? (From Flickeringmyth. 20 October 2016, 4:05 AM, PDT)
- Mark Wahlberg Defies Death in Transformers 5 Stunt Video (From MovieWeb. 19 October 2016, 10:42 AM, PDT)
- What ‘American Honey’ Catches (Beautifully) About the Kids: They’re Not All Right (From Variety - Film News. 23 October 2016, 8:08 PM, PDT)
- American Honey Star Sasha Lane on Her "Natural" Chemistry With Shia Labeouf (From BuzzSugar. 21 October 2016, 11:35 AM, PDT)
- Shia Labeouf Freaks Out During an Unexpected Blackout on The Late Late Show (From Popsugar. 19 October 2016, 8:49 AM, PDT)
Megan Fox (I)
- AFM: Mister Smith to Launch Joey King Starrer ‘Wish Upon’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 October 2016, 9:06 AM, PDT)
- Win Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Out of the Shadows on DVD (From HeyUGuys. 17 October 2016, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- Jessica Rothe is Scared ‘Half to Death’ (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 11 October 2016, 11:36 AM, PDT)