Charlie Sheen has confessed he took steroids to improve his pitching skills while shooting baseball movie Major League.
The former Two and a Half Men star admits using the controversial bodybuilding drug to boost his fastball delivery, but stopped after eight weeks because it made him too volatile.
He tells Sports Illustrated, "Let's just say that I was enhancing my performance a little bit. It was the only time I ever did steroids. I did them for like six or eight weeks. You can print this, I don't give a f**k. My fastball went from 79 (miles-per-hour) to like 85."
Sheen eventually quit taking steroids after realising the drug made it difficult for him to control his temper - and he came close to blows when strangers mocked the famous spiky haircut he sported for the 1989 movie.
He adds, "I didn't like the haircut because it generated so many comments in bars. I've got enough of that already. Add that to the mix, and it's a recipe for a fistfight."
Similar News ItemsCharlie Sheen
- NBA's Larry Nance Jr. -- Begs Mlb ... Give Charlie Sheen First Pitch (Video) (From TMZ. 24 October 2016, 12:25 PM, PDT)
- Charlie Sheen’s ‘Major League’ Character ‘Wild Thing’ Won’t Toss World Series First Pitch (From The Wrap. 21 October 2016, 1:24 PM, PDT)
- Charlie Sheen & Ashton Kutcher -- Back On the Same Team ... Bro Out At Dodgers Game (Photo Gallery) (From TMZ. 20 October 2016, 10:19 AM, PDT)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Review: Tom Hanks Gives America The Pep Talk It Needs In Halloween-ish Episode (From Indiewire. 23 October 2016, 8:14 AM, PDT)
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Review: Tom Hanks Gives America The Pep Talk It Needs In Halloween-ish Episode (From Indiewire Television. 23 October 2016, 8:14 AM, PDT)
- Newswire: Charlie Sheen will happily play a Cleveland Indian again, if needed (From The AV Club. 21 October 2016, 2:36 PM, PDT)