Charlie Sheen has confessed he took steroids to improve his pitching skills while shooting baseball movie Major League.
The former Two and a Half Men star admits using the controversial bodybuilding drug to boost his fastball delivery, but stopped after eight weeks because it made him too volatile.
He tells Sports Illustrated, "Let's just say that I was enhancing my performance a little bit. It was the only time I ever did steroids. I did them for like six or eight weeks. You can print this, I don't give a f**k. My fastball went from 79 (miles-per-hour) to like 85."
Sheen eventually quit taking steroids after realising the drug made it difficult for him to control his temper - and he came close to blows when strangers mocked the famous spiky haircut he sported for the 1989 movie.
He adds, "I didn't like the haircut because it generated so many comments in bars. I've got enough of that already. Add that to the mix, and it's a recipe for a fistfight."
Similar News ItemsCharlie Sheen
- Best of 2013: The most cringeworthy movie lines of the year (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 10 December 2013, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Manti Te’o To Miley Cyrus: How Shocked Were You By 2013′s Celebrity Scandals? (From TheFabLife - Movies. 10 December 2013, 5:00 AM, PST)
- 10 TV Shows You Didn’t Know Had Episodes Without Their Main Character (From Obsessed with Film. 10 December 2013, 3:49 AM, PST)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 12/12/13] (From TVSeriesFinale. 12 December 2013, 1:10 PM, PST)
- What to Watch Thursday: Scandal, The Vampire Diaries, Big Bang, Grey's and 6 Other Fall Finales (From TVLine.com. 12 December 2013, 4:00 AM, PST)
- Ashton Kutcher Posts Instagram Pic Kissing Mila Kunis! (From TooFab. 11 December 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)