Charlie Sheen has confessed he took steroids to improve his pitching skills while shooting baseball movie Major League.
The former Two and a Half Men star admits using the controversial bodybuilding drug to boost his fastball delivery, but stopped after eight weeks because it made him too volatile.
He tells Sports Illustrated, "Let's just say that I was enhancing my performance a little bit. It was the only time I ever did steroids. I did them for like six or eight weeks. You can print this, I don't give a f**k. My fastball went from 79 (miles-per-hour) to like 85."
Sheen eventually quit taking steroids after realising the drug made it difficult for him to control his temper - and he came close to blows when strangers mocked the famous spiky haircut he sported for the 1989 movie.
He adds, "I didn't like the haircut because it generated so many comments in bars. I've got enough of that already. Add that to the mix, and it's a recipe for a fistfight."
Similar News ItemsCharlie Sheen
- Inside Selma Blair's Life in the Spotlight: From Up-and-Coming Starlet to Doting Mom to Mid-Air Meltdown (From PEOPLE.com. 22 June 2016, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Charlie Sheen Lists Biggest Regrets, Like ‘Ruining’ ‘Two and a Half Men’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 21 June 2016, 7:10 AM, PDT)
- Charlie Sheen Compares Announcing HIV Diagnosis to "Being Released From Prison" (From E! Online. 21 June 2016, 6:50 AM, PDT)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- From 'Oitnb' to 'Lady Dynamite': TV's Mental Health Revolution (From Rolling Stone. 22 June 2016, 10:35 AM, PDT)
- Former Wonder Woman Lynda Carter to Appear on Supergirl - Find Out Her Exciting New Role! (From PEOPLE.com. 22 June 2016, 6:35 AM, PDT)
- ‘Supergirl’ Casts ‘Wonder Woman’ Star Lynda Carter to Play President (From Variety - TV News. 21 June 2016, 2:42 PM, PDT)