Charlie Sheen has confessed he took steroids to improve his pitching skills while shooting baseball movie Major League.
The former Two and a Half Men star admits using the controversial bodybuilding drug to boost his fastball delivery, but stopped after eight weeks because it made him too volatile.
He tells Sports Illustrated, "Let's just say that I was enhancing my performance a little bit. It was the only time I ever did steroids. I did them for like six or eight weeks. You can print this, I don't give a f**k. My fastball went from 79 (miles-per-hour) to like 85."
Sheen eventually quit taking steroids after realising the drug made it difficult for him to control his temper - and he came close to blows when strangers mocked the famous spiky haircut he sported for the 1989 movie.
He adds, "I didn't like the haircut because it generated so many comments in bars. I've got enough of that already. Add that to the mix, and it's a recipe for a fistfight."
Similar News ItemsCharlie Sheen
- Ron Howard Directing NatGeo's First Scripted Drama Series Genius (From TVLine.com. 28 April 2016, 12:54 PM, PDT)
- Charlie Sheen -- Scores Legal Victory ... Ex-Fiancee Brett Rossi Not in Danger (From TMZ. 28 April 2016, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- Charlie Sheen's Ex Brooke Mueller -- He's Cutting Off His Rich Nose to Spite His Kids' Faces (From TMZ. 19 April 2016, 1:56 PM, PDT)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- Charlie Sheen Scores Victory Over Ex-Fiancee as Court Ends Restraining Order (From The Wrap. 28 April 2016, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- Emma's Chance coming to DVD, Digital July 5 (From Cinelinx. 27 April 2016, 11:16 PM, PDT)
- Charlie Sheen Blasts Ex-Fiancee for ‘Publicity Stunt’ in Restraining Order Bid (From The Wrap. 26 April 2016, 2:22 PM, PDT)