Charlie Sheen has confessed he took steroids to improve his pitching skills while shooting baseball movie Major League.
The former Two and a Half Men star admits using the controversial bodybuilding drug to boost his fastball delivery, but stopped after eight weeks because it made him too volatile.
He tells Sports Illustrated, "Let's just say that I was enhancing my performance a little bit. It was the only time I ever did steroids. I did them for like six or eight weeks. You can print this, I don't give a f**k. My fastball went from 79 (miles-per-hour) to like 85."
Sheen eventually quit taking steroids after realising the drug made it difficult for him to control his temper - and he came close to blows when strangers mocked the famous spiky haircut he sported for the 1989 movie.
He adds, "I didn't like the haircut because it generated so many comments in bars. I've got enough of that already. Add that to the mix, and it's a recipe for a fistfight."
Similar News ItemsCharlie Sheen
- Anger Management Returns; Partners Debuts August 4th (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 July 2014, 12:36 AM, PDT)
- Who said it, Justin Bieber or Johnny Manziel? (From EW.com - PopWatch. 29 July 2014, 10:23 AM, PDT)
- Team USA Soccer Star -- Partying With Paris Hilton ... And Charlie Sheen! (From TMZ. 28 July 2014, 6:39 AM, PDT)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 7/31/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 31 July 2014, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- The Big Bang Theory Season 8 Filming Delayed By Salary Dispute (From Obsessed with Film. 31 July 2014, 3:50 AM, PDT)
- Extant Recap: The Unkindest Cut (From TVLine.com. 30 July 2014, 8:28 PM, PDT)