Charlie Sheen has confessed he took steroids to improve his pitching skills while shooting baseball movie Major League.
The former Two and a Half Men star admits using the controversial bodybuilding drug to boost his fastball delivery, but stopped after eight weeks because it made him too volatile.
He tells Sports Illustrated, "Let's just say that I was enhancing my performance a little bit. It was the only time I ever did steroids. I did them for like six or eight weeks. You can print this, I don't give a f**k. My fastball went from 79 (miles-per-hour) to like 85."
Sheen eventually quit taking steroids after realising the drug made it difficult for him to control his temper - and he came close to blows when strangers mocked the famous spiky haircut he sported for the 1989 movie.
He adds, "I didn't like the haircut because it generated so many comments in bars. I've got enough of that already. Add that to the mix, and it's a recipe for a fistfight."
Similar News ItemsCharlie Sheen
- Margaret Whitton, ‘Secret of My Success’ Actress, Dies at 67 (From The Wrap. 5 December 2016, 1:47 PM, PST)
- Crackle Sets January Premiere For Charlie Sheen-Starring ‘Mad Families’ (From Deadline TV. 30 November 2016, 1:30 PM, PST)
- Crackle Sets January Premiere For Charlie Sheen-Starring ‘Mad Families’ (From Deadline. 30 November 2016, 1:30 PM, PST)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- Louis Ck’s ‘Horace and Pete’ Picked Up by Hulu (From The Wrap. 9 December 2016, 9:52 AM, PST)
- Watch the Baywatch trailer starring Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron and Alexandra Daddario (From Flickeringmyth. 8 December 2016, 6:32 AM, PST)
- Baywatch trailer arriving on Thursday, first teasers released (From Flickeringmyth. 7 December 2016, 1:10 PM, PST)