Charlie Sheen has confessed he took steroids to improve his pitching skills while shooting baseball movie Major League.
The former Two and a Half Men star admits using the controversial bodybuilding drug to boost his fastball delivery, but stopped after eight weeks because it made him too volatile.
He tells Sports Illustrated, "Let's just say that I was enhancing my performance a little bit. It was the only time I ever did steroids. I did them for like six or eight weeks. You can print this, I don't give a f**k. My fastball went from 79 (miles-per-hour) to like 85."
Sheen eventually quit taking steroids after realising the drug made it difficult for him to control his temper - and he came close to blows when strangers mocked the famous spiky haircut he sported for the 1989 movie.
He adds, "I didn't like the haircut because it generated so many comments in bars. I've got enough of that already. Add that to the mix, and it's a recipe for a fistfight."
Similar News ItemsCharlie Sheen
- On this day in pop culture history: Michael J. Fox said goodbye to ‘Spin City’ (From Hitfix. 24 May 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Charlie Sheen -- $40 Million Missing ... I'm Getting Screwed by 'Anger Management' (From TMZ. 19 May 2016, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Charlie Sheen Sued -- Six Digit Amex Balance Plus Monster Late Fees (From TMZ. 16 May 2016, 3:44 PM, PDT)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- New promotional cast photo for Baywatch movie (From Flickeringmyth. 20 May 2016, 8:35 AM, PDT)
- Louis Ck Outsmarts CNN Anchor on ‘Jeopardy’ to Bank $50,000 for Charity (Video) (From The Wrap. 19 May 2016, 7:44 AM, PDT)
- Dwayne Johnson shares Baywatch set video with co-star Priyanka Chopra (From Flickeringmyth. 18 May 2016, 12:30 PM, PDT)