Charlie Sheen has confessed he took steroids to improve his pitching skills while shooting baseball movie Major League.
The former Two and a Half Men star admits using the controversial bodybuilding drug to boost his fastball delivery, but stopped after eight weeks because it made him too volatile.
He tells Sports Illustrated, "Let's just say that I was enhancing my performance a little bit. It was the only time I ever did steroids. I did them for like six or eight weeks. You can print this, I don't give a f**k. My fastball went from 79 (miles-per-hour) to like 85."
Sheen eventually quit taking steroids after realising the drug made it difficult for him to control his temper - and he came close to blows when strangers mocked the famous spiky haircut he sported for the 1989 movie.
He adds, "I didn't like the haircut because it generated so many comments in bars. I've got enough of that already. Add that to the mix, and it's a recipe for a fistfight."
Similar News ItemsCharlie Sheen
- What Is the Most Ridiculous Sex Scene From a Movie? — IndieWire Critics Survey (From Indiewire. 13 February 2017, 9:44 AM, PST)
- TV Ratings: Late Start Dents Super Bowl Send-Off for ‘24: Legacy’ (From Variety - TV News. 6 February 2017, 4:32 PM, PST)
- Danny Trejo Fights an Army of Mutant Pigs in Bullets of Justice (From Dread Central. 6 February 2017, 9:30 AM, PST)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- Jason Ritter and Melanie Lynskey Are Engaged! (From PEOPLE.com. 16 February 2017, 4:54 PM, PST)
- ‘Concert with Mom and Dad’: Charlie Sheen & Denise Richards Enjoy a Musical Night Out with Their Girls (From PEOPLE.com. 16 February 2017, 3:51 PM, PST)
- Melanie Lynskey And Jason Ritter Are Engaged! (From ET Canada. 16 February 2017, 3:33 PM, PST)