Charlie Sheen has confessed he took steroids to improve his pitching skills while shooting baseball movie Major League.
The former Two and a Half Men star admits using the controversial bodybuilding drug to boost his fastball delivery, but stopped after eight weeks because it made him too volatile.
He tells Sports Illustrated, "Let's just say that I was enhancing my performance a little bit. It was the only time I ever did steroids. I did them for like six or eight weeks. You can print this, I don't give a f**k. My fastball went from 79 (miles-per-hour) to like 85."
Sheen eventually quit taking steroids after realising the drug made it difficult for him to control his temper - and he came close to blows when strangers mocked the famous spiky haircut he sported for the 1989 movie.
He adds, "I didn't like the haircut because it generated so many comments in bars. I've got enough of that already. Add that to the mix, and it's a recipe for a fistfight."
Similar News ItemsCharlie Sheen
- Here’s Why Geena Davis Doesn’t Want ‘Thelma & Louise’ Reboot (Watch) (From Variety - Film News. 23 January 2017, 6:38 PM, PST)
- Exclusive: Brooke Mueller Leaves Rehab: 'She's Committed to Being the Best Mom and Staying Healthy' (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 January 2017, 4:31 PM, PST)
- Jack Black: Donald Trump is like Charlie Sheen on crack (From The Guardian - Film News. 23 January 2017, 4:31 AM, PST)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- The Baywatch movie gets seven character posters (From Flickeringmyth. 23 January 2017, 1:46 PM, PST)
- FX to Celebrate Upcoming Legion Premiere with Immersive Where?House Art Exhibit in Brooklyn (From DailyDead. 18 January 2017, 6:51 AM, PST)
- Charlie Sheen Apologizes to Rihanna After 'Watch What Happens Live’ Slam (From Entertainment Tonight. 18 January 2017, 3:35 AM, PST)