"Elaine Stewart, 81, an actress who appeared in a string of films in the 1950s and after taking a break to start a family appeared on the 1970s TV game shows Gambit and High Rollers, died Monday," reports the Los Angeles Times.
Mike Barnes in the Hollywood Reporter: "In a pair of 1954 films, Stewart starred opposite Gene Kelly and Van Johnson as nonstop talkative socialite Jane Ashton in Brigadoon and played a sexy harem princess in The Adventures of Hajji Baba, with John Derek as the title character. The former model and Montclair, NJ, native also appeared with Kirk Douglas in the classic Hollywood insider soap The Bad and the Beautiful (1952) and with Richard Widmark and Karl Malden in the basic-training set Take the High Ground! (1953)."
Update, 6/29: David Ehrenstein »
Similar News ItemsJames Stewart (I)
- The Flight of the Phoenix (Region B) (From Trailers from Hell. 22 September 2017, 1:59 PM, PDT)
- Jimmy Kimmel Turns Trumpian Weapons on Health Care Bill (From Variety - TV News. 21 September 2017, 11:17 AM, PDT)
- Catalog From The Beyond: Psycho II (1983) and Psycho III (1986) (From DailyDead. 13 September 2017, 4:05 PM, PDT)
Kirk Douglas (I)
- Judi Dench to Receive Kirk Douglas Award at Santa Barbara Film Fest (From Women and Hollywood. 20 September 2017, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- Judi Dench to Receive the Kirk Douglas Award for Excellence in Film (From AwardsDaily. 20 September 2017, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Judi Dench to Receive Santa Barbara International Film Festival’s Kirk Douglas Award (From Variety - Film News. 20 September 2017, 9:30 AM, PDT)
Gene Kelly (I)
- Brigadoon (From Trailers from Hell. 23 September 2017, 9:54 AM, PDT)
- ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’ Used the ‘Dick in a Box’ Emmys Strategy for ‘We Tapped That Ass’ (From Indiewire. 14 September 2017, 10:32 AM, PDT)
- Joshua Reviews Valerie Muller And Angelin Preljocaj’s Polina [Theatrical Review] (From CriterionCast. 24 August 2017, 9:23 AM, PDT)