One of our own Chris Ullrich’s favorite films this year, Solomon Kane, has apparently been acquired for U.S. distribution by Lionsgate, a studio known for supporting genre and independent movies. According to Fangoria, who broke the news, there are rumblings that the film may even get a theatrical run prior to a DVD release.
Horror aficionados might be familiar with director Michael J. Bassett, who previously directed Deathwatch (2002) and Wilderness (2006). Soloman Kane is a character originally created by pulp fiction author Robert E. Howard, of Conan the Barbarian fame. Stories about the character appeared in Weird Tales magazine in the 1920’s.
James Purefoy stars as the title character, who roams the earth trying to wipe out evil after the devil acquires his soul and he has a change of heart about his evil ways. The movie also stars prolific actor Max Von Sydow (Flash Gordon, Dune, The Tudors »
- Joe Gillis
Similar News ItemsMax von Sydow (I)
- Under the satellite by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 4 August 2017, 1:10 PM, PDT)
- The Power of Christ Compels You to See The Exorcist Midnights This Weekend at The Tivoli (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 30 July 2017, 7:45 PM, PDT)
- More 4th of July Escapism: Small-Town Iowa and Declaration of Independence Musicals (From Alt Film Guide. 4 July 2017, 11:58 PM, PDT)
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge now bookmakers’ favourite for the next Doctor in Doctor Who (From Flickeringmyth. 11 July 2017, 9:32 AM, PDT)
- Michael K. Williams on Why ‘The Night Of’ Doesn’t Need to Return, and His ‘Emotional Void’ After ‘Black Market’ — Turn It On Podcast (From Indiewire Television. 28 June 2017, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- Michael K. Williams on Why ‘The Night Of’ Doesn’t Need to Return, and His ‘Emotional Void’ After ‘Black Market’ — Turn It On Podcast (From Indiewire. 28 June 2017, 9:05 AM, PDT)
Conan the Barbarian (1982)
- Scott Glenn on 'The Defenders' and Why 'Silence of the Lambs' Is a Coming-of-Age Movie (From Rolling Stone. 18 August 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Stardust’: A Magical, Extravagant, and Wildly Imaginative Fantasy Adventure (From The Film Stage. 29 July 2017, 5:35 AM, PDT)
- He'll be back: why old age can't keep Arnold Schwarzenegger down (From The Guardian - Film News. 29 July 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)