The incomparable comic genius was born 121 years ago today. Let’s take a look, making sure we remember him now and in another 121 years.
It might not show between the cracks of all our appreciation for horror, exploitation, crime dramas, drama dramas, classic sci-fi and all the other bits of lost, obscure classics we throw at you on Trailers From Hell, but we’re pretty big comedy fans as well. Sure, you can find the occasional Jerry Lewis movie or a Peter Sellers picture or something by The Three Stooges, but you can’t — outside of John Landis talking about When Comedy Was King — find a lot of talk about the early days of film comedy.
Similar News ItemsJohn Landis (I)
- Beverly Hills Cop 4: The heat is back on, again… (From The Hollywood News. 14 June 2016, 10:43 PM, PDT)
- Trailer for Movie Monsters Documentary 'The Frankenstein Complex' (From FirstShowing.net. 13 June 2016, 9:44 AM, PDT)
- A&E Developing Dramedy Based on National Lampoon Documentary (From TVSeriesFinale. 8 June 2016, 8:47 PM, PDT)
Larry Fine (I)
- ‘You Can’t Bulls—t’ And 6 More Revelations On How To Market An Indie Film (From Indiewire. 17 June 2016, 2:03 PM, PDT)
- 10 Signs You Have Superhero-Movie Fatigue (From Rolling Stone. 1 June 2016, 10:35 AM, PDT)
- Ten Things I Learned At The 2016 TCM Classic Film Festival (From Trailers from Hell. 7 May 2016, 1:12 PM, PDT)
Jerry Lewis (I)
- Jerry Lewis’ ‘The Day the Clown Cried’: Outrageously Awful…Or Ahead of its Time? (From Variety - Film News. 19 June 2016, 11:31 AM, PDT)
- "Clown Cried" Condensed Cut Online (From Dark Horizons. 18 June 2016, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- Bill Richmond Dies: Emmy Winning ‘Carol Burnett Show’ Writer & Jerry Lewis Collaborator Was 94 (From Deadline. 17 June 2016, 5:37 PM, PDT)