The congresswoman used her bluntness and charm to overshadow the men at the Gop debate-announcing her presidential bid and passionately defending the Tea Party. Howard Kurtz on why she shouldn't be underestimated.Plus: More Daily Beast contributors on the Gop debate and Michele Bachmann's 17 wackiest moments.
Michele Bachmann all but stole the show at the Republican presidential debate.
Related story on The Daily Beast: How Palin's Winning the Media War
The only woman on the New Hampshire stage deftly utilized the CNN spotlight Monday night to announce that she filed her papers to officially run for president, setting off a flood of breaking-news alerts in the event's opening moments. But she accomplished far more than that.
The Minnesota congresswoman got the first audience roar of the night, promising that Barack Obama would be a one-term president.
She offered a passionate and inclusive defense of the Tea Party, saying that »
- Howard Kurtz
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Sheryl Sandberg on Marriage to Dave Goldberg: ‘The Truest Partnership That I Could Imagine’ (From The Wrap. 5 May 2015, 5:31 PM, PDT)
- Last Night on Late Night, 5/4/15 (From SoundOnSight. 5 May 2015, 4:34 PM, PDT)
- Are these puppets fit for a king? Newzoids reveals its new Royal Family dolls (From Digital Spy - TV news. 5 May 2015, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Mindy Newell: Look! Up In The Sky! (From Comicmix. 27 April 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Seth Meyers’ Spoofs Anti-Hillary Book: I’m Writing ’50 Shades of Bill’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 24 April 2015, 9:36 AM, PDT)
- Louis C.K. Thinks He Shouldn’t Smoke Pot or Tweet (From Vulture. 16 April 2015, 9:41 PM, PDT)
Mitt Romney (I)
- I Am Big Bird review – syrupy but powerful Sesame Street documentary (From The Guardian - TV News. 3 May 2015, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- MSNBC Host Melissa Harris-Perry Owes $70,000 in Delinquent Taxes (From The Wrap. 16 April 2015, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- StreamFix: Must-watch 'Daily Show' correspondent movies on Netflix now (From Hitfix. 30 March 2015, 5:18 PM, PDT)