Paul Burke was a leading actor from the 1950s and the star of the 1957 horror film The Disembodied. He starred as Tom Maxwell, an author and adventurer who runs afoul of voodoo queen Allison Hayes when he becomes part of a romantic triangle with the queen and her older husband while on an expedition in the deep jungles of Africa.
Burke was born in New Orleans, Louisiana on July 21, 1926, and was the son of boxer Martin Burke. He went to Hollywood in the mid-1940s and studied acting as the Pasadena Playhouse. He began his film career in the early 1950s with small roles in several films including the talking-mule fantasies Francis Goes to West Point (1952) and Francis in the Navy (1955). He moved up to larger roles later in the decade with the voodoo horror film The Disembodied (1957).
He also became a familiar face on television from the 1950s, with »
- Harris Lentz
Similar News Items"Adventures of Superman" (1952)
- Batsignal Shines Bright for Adam West as Fans and Batman Costars Gather at L.A. Memorial Event (From PEOPLE.com. 16 June 2017, 6:25 AM, PDT)
- A Batman Falls: R.I.P. Adam West (From Cinelinx. 10 June 2017, 6:32 PM, PDT)
- Ben Affleck Pays Tribute to ‘Batman’ Predecessor Adam West (From Variety - Film News. 10 June 2017, 3:40 PM, PDT)
"Naked City" (1958)
- New to Streaming: ‘Right Now, Wrong Then,’ ‘The Life Aquatic,’ ‘The Discovery,’ and More (From The Film Stage. 31 March 2017, 6:53 AM, PDT)
- ‘Most Beautiful Island’ Review: Ana Asensio’s SXSW Winner Is a Spellbinding Thriller About Immigrant Life In America (From Indiewire. 15 March 2017, 11:02 AM, PDT)
- Something Wild (1961) (From Trailers from Hell. 10 January 2017, 12:33 PM, PST)
Paul Burke (I)
- It Came From The Tube: Crowhaven Farm (1970) (From DailyDead. 21 May 2017, 9:19 AM, PDT)
- Valley of the Dolls (From Trailers from Hell. 27 September 2016, 1:36 PM, PDT)
- Nancy Malone, Actress, Director and Pioneering TV Exec, Dies at 78 (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 9 May 2014, 2:38 PM, PDT)