Can any Alfred Hitchcock film be called truly forgotten? It could certainly be argued (though not by me) that some of the Master's lesser works have received more attention than they deserve. Anthony Mann's Raw Deal is a far better film than I Confess, goes the argument, and has been unjustly robbed of the consideration and popularity which is its due.
Yeah, but, as Homer Simpson might muse, what you gonna do?
There are still corners of the Hitchcock oeuvre which might reward more attention, however, such as the deeply eccentric, nay inscrutable Rich and Strange, and I would suggest that some corners of Hitch's work in television remain relatively unappreciated. True, Alfred Hitchcock Presents is a much-admired show to this day, and classic episodes such as "Breakdown" and "Lamb to the Slaughter" have received justifiable plaudits. But Hitch's work outside that show is less easy to see, and less often discussed. »
Similar News ItemsAlfred Hitchcock (I)
- Mondo to Release Alfred Hitchcock Sixth Scale Figure & New Posters for Vertigo and The Birds (From DailyDead. 25 May 2016, 2:24 PM, PDT)
- Watch William Friedkin’s 80-Minute Masterclass From the 2016 Cannes Film Festival (From The Film Stage. 24 May 2016, 11:17 AM, PDT)
- Watch: 7-Minute Supercut Of The BBC’s 100 Greatest American Films (From The Playlist. 24 May 2016, 9:17 AM, PDT)
"Alfred Hitchcock Presents" (1955)
- Terror on TV: ‘Final Escape’ From the 80s Incarnation of Alfred Hitchcock Presents (From shocktillyoudrop. 25 May 2016, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- A New Lore: Are Podcasts TV’s Next Goldmine? (From Flickeringmyth. 24 April 2016, 8:50 AM, PDT)
- Don’T Bother To Knock (1952) (From Trailers from Hell. 11 April 2016, 9:20 AM, PDT)
Anthony Mann (I)
- Sergio Leone’s Heirs to Produce Spaghetti Western TV Series Titled ‘Colt’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 25 May 2016, 6:50 AM, PDT)
- Sergio Leone’s Heirs to Produce Spaghetti Western TV Series Titled ‘Colt’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 25 May 2016, 6:50 AM, PDT)
- Edge of Doom (From Trailers from Hell. 16 May 2016, 4:25 PM, PDT)