It might be about gangsters exploiting a sweet old lady to commit an ugly armed robbery, but The Ladykillers is regularly named as one of the nation's favourite comedy films. Now the Ealing classic is to be brought to the stage for the first time in a new version written by Father Ted and The It Crowd writer Graham Linehan.
Producers will announce that the memorably dark and stylish 1955 film is being adapted for the stage, with Peter Capaldi taking on the role of the charming but utterly sinister gang leader Professor Marcus, played originally by Alec Guinness.
The stage play will be very much Linehan's version. "I wanted the film to haunt the play rather than it be a transcription," he said.
There will also be more laughs. He had been asked by »
- Mark Brown
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- 'Mr. & Mrs. Adelman': Film Review (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 22 March 2017, 10:44 AM, PDT)
- Can early year releases truly compete for Oscar attention? (From Hollywoodnews.com. 22 March 2017, 8:26 AM, PDT)
- Supergirl Season 2 Episode 16 Review – ‘Star-Crossed’ (From Flickeringmyth. 22 March 2017, 2:05 AM, PDT)
- Graphic Novel Review: ‘Doctor Who – Supremacy of the Cybermen’ (From Blogomatic3000. 22 March 2017, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Steven Moffat to go somewhere completely different after Doctor Who (From Flickeringmyth. 22 March 2017, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Doctor Who Season 10 Will Include More “To be Continued” Episodes (From TVovermind.com. 21 March 2017, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Episode 19 Review – ‘Twin Suns’ (From Flickeringmyth. 22 March 2017, 12:22 PM, PDT)
- Ewan McGregor Comments On The Future of Obi-Wan Kenobi (From LRM Online. 21 March 2017, 12:31 AM, PDT)
- Our Man in Havana (From Trailers from Hell. 18 March 2017, 11:56 AM, PDT)