The MTV Movie Awards turns 22 this Sunday, April 14, which means yes, our beloved awards show has been drinking legally for a year.
In people years, the MTV Movie Awards still wouldn't be able to rent a car at the regular rate; but in the accolades-passing-out universe, 22 consecutive years of awarding popcorn statues to the A-list, producing the funniest movie spoofs ever, trying to wrangle Jim Carrey through his many stunts and witnessing the horror that was Borat's booty in Eminem's face has made it one of the most fun, most can't-be-missed awards shows in all Awards Show Land.
To celebrate the upcoming show (Sunday, April 14, 9:00 p.m. Et, MTV), here's our walk down memory lane with stops along the way to recall the 20 most memorable Movie Awards moments ever.
2000: When Tom Cruise Met Tom Crooze
Ben Stiller cut short his honeymoon and hopped onto a 15-hour »
- Kim Potts
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Celebrity Candids You Don't Want to Miss This Week (From Popsugar. 18 December 2014, 10:35 AM, PST)
- Ariana Grande to Amal Alaumuddin: 10 of the Biggest Breakout Stars of 2014 (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 December 2014, 12:54 PM, PST)
- Robin Williams's Son: "I Miss Him All the Time" (From Popsugar. 17 December 2014, 9:15 AM, PST)
"American Idol" (2002)
- 'The Sing-Off' falls flat (From Hitfix. 17 December 2014, 10:06 PM, PST)
- Fox Faces Challenge to Make ‘American Idol’ Sing (From Variety - TV News. 17 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Bruno Mars Tries to Make Gold Hair Rollers Happen (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 December 2014, 7:47 AM, PST)
- Robert Pattinson considers buying London property for girlfriend Fka Twigs (From National Ledger. 18 December 2014, 10:27 AM, PST)
- Robert Pattinson Gal Pal Dylan Penn Sizzles in Hot New Photos (See!) (From TheImproper.com. 17 December 2014, 12:10 PM, PST)
- Robert Pattinson Shopping for Townhouse in Brooklyn: Details (From Us Weekly. 16 December 2014, 12:09 PM, PST)