The MTV Movie Awards turns 22 this Sunday, April 14, which means yes, our beloved awards show has been drinking legally for a year.
In people years, the MTV Movie Awards still wouldn't be able to rent a car at the regular rate; but in the accolades-passing-out universe, 22 consecutive years of awarding popcorn statues to the A-list, producing the funniest movie spoofs ever, trying to wrangle Jim Carrey through his many stunts and witnessing the horror that was Borat's booty in Eminem's face has made it one of the most fun, most can't-be-missed awards shows in all Awards Show Land.
To celebrate the upcoming show (Sunday, April 14, 9:00 p.m. Et, MTV), here's our walk down memory lane with stops along the way to recall the 20 most memorable Movie Awards moments ever.
2000: When Tom Cruise Met Tom Crooze
Ben Stiller cut short his honeymoon and hopped onto a 15-hour »
- Kim Potts
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- A Shirtless Justin Bieber Covers 'Men's Health,' Talks Growing Up Too Fast (From Entertainment Tonight. 4 March 2015, 6:15 PM, PST)
- Justin Bieber Shirtless, Again (From Access Hollywood. 4 March 2015, 3:16 PM, PST)
- Justin Bieber Poses Shirtless for Men's Health, Cops to Past Mistakes, Reveals Ben Affleck Man Crush and More! (From E! Online. 4 March 2015, 2:00 PM, PST)
"American Idol" (2002)
- Empire Post Mortem: Trai Byers on That Explosive Elevator Scene, Bipolar Stigma and Rhonda's 'Betrayal' (From TVLine.com. 4 March 2015, 7:28 PM, PST)
- American Idol Top 8 Guys Recap: W(ednesday's) T(errible) F(allout) (From TVLine.com. 4 March 2015, 6:19 PM, PST)
- Recap: 'American Idol' Season 14 - Top 8 Boys Perform (From Hitfix. 4 March 2015, 4:59 PM, PST)
- It's Really Cute That Robert Pattinson Goes Everywhere With His Girlfriend (From Popsugar. 4 March 2015, 2:40 PM, PST)
- Kristen Stewart Inadvertently Reveals Reason for Robert Pattinson Breakup (From TheImproper.com. 4 March 2015, 1:52 PM, PST)
- Stewart Joins Another Prestige Low-Budget Effort (From Alt Film Guide. 3 March 2015, 9:09 PM, PST)