As Strauss-Kahn succumbs to house arrest, Schwarzenegger deals with a possible criminal probe, and John Edwards faces indictment, The Daily Beast ranks which sex scandals hit the wallet hardest.
In the realm of politics and celebrity, the era of open secrets is over. Not only are private dalliances not publicly accepted, they're a valuable commodity in media circles. Before the news of Dominique Strauss-Kahn's alleged attack on a hotel housekeeper could be digested, the vague details of Arnold Schwarzenegger's extramarital, lovechild-rearing affair became a national sensation. And, just as John Edwards' name had all but disappeared from the tabloid's lexicon, it was reported earlier this week that the former presidential hopeful is seeking a plea-deal to avoid a grand-jury indictment.
Related story on The Daily Beast: Weinergate: The Movie
Gallery: 10 Most Expensive Sex Scandals
The price of fame is most striking in the aftermath of scandal. A damage »
- The Daily Beast
Similar News ItemsArnold Schwarzenegger
- Old Dudes Shoot Big Guns In New Pics From The Expendables 3 (From We Got This Covered. 17 April 2014, 10:56 AM, PDT)
- Sylvester Stallone, Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford & More Get Armed In New Pics From 'The Expendables 3' (From The Playlist. 17 April 2014, 9:29 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive new TV spot for Sabotage (From Sky Movies. 17 April 2014, 2:46 AM, PDT)
- Tiger Woods Mistress -- Deadbeat Mom ... Makes Gov.'s 'Most Wanted' List (From TMZ. 3 March 2014, 12:45 AM, PST)
- Pippi Longstocking -- Swapping Spit with Tiger Woods' Mistress (From TMZ. 29 October 2013, 12:50 AM, PDT)
- Tiger Woods' Ex-Mistress Joslyn James Will Bang For Your Buck (From TMZ. 5 November 2012, 4:02 PM, PST)
- In Honor of Ex-Spouse Day, the 6 Types of Celebrity Breakups (From PEOPLE.com. 14 April 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Jordan Spieth Girlfriend Annie Verret (Photos) Hopes to Cheer on a Masters Golf Win in 2014 (From National Ledger. 13 April 2014, 11:31 AM, PDT)
- PGA Tour Leaderboard, Golf Scores from The Masters at Augusta, Winner Crowned Today (From National Ledger. 13 April 2014, 10:17 AM, PDT)