2005: Crazy days – well to Doctor Who fans anyway. Considering that in the past decade, we'd had one measly bonafide story, the prospect of a brand new series with excellent ratings and feedback was about as likely as Gordon Ramsay becoming a monk.
Nevertheless, the unthinkable happened, as 2005 not only boasted a swanky new set of episodes, but also Two brand new Doctors and also a Christmas special. Now that put the cat among the pigeons. Normally, the much vaunted BBC Christmas special centrepiece had been awarded to Only Fools And Horses. By 2005 though, the revival of Doctor Who had proved to be such a big success that the BBC bosses were using the good Doctor to bring in the numbers instead of Del and Rodney.
So what better way to launch the new Doctor than by plonking him in a prime time spot on Christmas Day? Actually, viewers had »
Similar News Items"Doctor Who" (1963)
- The History of Bad Ideas – Episode 185: Hobi Goes Speedo (From Blogomatic3000. 20 July 2017, 2:01 AM, PDT)
- Time And Relative Dimensions In Selby | Letters (From The Guardian - TV News. 19 July 2017, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- Highest paid actors at the BBC revealed (From ScreenDaily. 19 July 2017, 6:05 AM, PDT)
Independence Day (1996)
- Just in: Official teaser release date of Tik Tik Tik (From Behindwoods. 20 July 2017, 4:21 AM, PDT)
- The Internet is Going Crazy With Video of Mexicans and Punjabis Dancing Together (From PEOPLE.com. 18 July 2017, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- It Director Wants to Head Live Action Robotech (From Cinelinx. 17 July 2017, 7:08 PM, PDT)
David Tennant (I)
- BBC One Responds to Female 'Dr. Who' Casting Haters, Says Jodie Whittaker Will be an 'Iconic Doctor' (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 July 2017, 1:48 PM, PDT)
- The Best TV Shows Based on Comic Books, Manga, and Graphic Novels — IndieWire Critics Survey (From Indiewire Television. 18 July 2017, 8:35 AM, PDT)
- The Best TV Shows Based on Comic Books, Manga, and Graphic Novels — IndieWire Critics Survey (From Indiewire. 18 July 2017, 8:35 AM, PDT)