Ja from Mnpp here, highlighting an exciting bit of news making the rounds today. We'd heard back in February the rumor of this, but now it's seeming official - next year Lars Von Trier will be redoing his Five Obstructions experiment with Martin Scorsese. Excuse me, make that "Oscar-winning pool of awesomesauce, Martin Scorsese."
If you're unfamiliar with The Five Obstructions, in 2003 Von Trier had his mentor the Danish filmmaker Jørgen Leth remake a short film of his own five times under five different sets of limitations. He was forced to shoot it in difficult locations like Cuba and the red light discrict of Bombay; he had to make it in animated form.
And now Von Trier will be training his cinematic sadism on one of the living masters of American movies. But the big question remains - what film will Scorsese be remaking? When the rumor first popped up »
Similar News ItemsMartin Scorsese (I)
- Bleed for This Trailer Puts Miles Teller in the Boxing Ring (From MovieWeb. 30 June 2016, 3:10 PM, PDT)
- 6-Minute Supercut Explores The Close-Ups Of Martin Scorsese (From The Playlist. 30 June 2016, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- Oscars: With Massive Invite List, Academy Redirects Diversity Debate (From Variety - Film News. 30 June 2016, 12:47 PM, PDT)
Lars von Trier
- The Best Movies of the 21st Century, According to IndieWire’s Film Critics (From Indiewire. 25 June 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Karlovy Vary International Film Festival Honors Stars and Filmmakers (From Variety - Film News. 24 June 2016, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Why Independence Day: Resurgence's gay couple are denied a close encounter (From The Guardian - Film News. 23 June 2016, 3:16 AM, PDT)
Taxi Driver (1976)
- ‘Hi, Mom!’: Brian De Palma’s Revolution as Peep Show (From The Film Stage. 29 June 2016, 9:08 AM, PDT)
- The last waltz by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 26 June 2016, 12:58 PM, PDT)
- On this day: Liz & Dick Divorced, Harry Potter Published (From FilmExperience. 26 June 2016, 5:00 AM, PDT)