Sam Raimi's genre label Ghost House has launched a new banner for family friendly thrillers, Spooky Pictures.
According to Variety, the first film will be The Substitute, a remake of the Danish thriller that Scott Derrickson will direct and Columbia Pictures will co-finance and distribute through a first-look deal with Spooky.
The project revolves around a terrified sixth-grade class as the students race to reveal to their parents that their new substitute teacher is an evil alien being.
Derrickson is penning the script with Paul Harris Boardman.
No production date has been set.
Similar News ItemsSam Raimi
- Shazam! still coming to the Dceu in 2019 according to director (From JoBlo. 23 October 2017, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Bruce Campbell Has Some Choice Words For Those Who Pirate Ash Vs. Evil Dead (From We Got This Covered. 23 October 2017, 12:43 PM, PDT)
- Brent Briscoe Dies: ‘Sling Blade’, ‘A Simple Plan & ‘Twin Peaks’ Actor Was 56 (From Deadline TV. 20 October 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)
Columbia Pictures [us]
- Hell on Frisco Bay (From Trailers from Hell. 21 October 2017, 11:34 AM, PDT)
- Hollywood Flashback: Rita Hayworth Was Sexually Harassed by Mogul Harry Cohn for Decades (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 19 October 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Casting-Couch Tactics Plagued Hollywood Long Before Harvey Weinstein (From Variety - Film News. 17 October 2017, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- When Will We Finally See Doctor Strange 2? (From MovieWeb. 19 October 2017, 4:02 PM, PDT)
- Did Scott Derrickson Just Confirm His Involvement With Doctor Strange 2? (From We Got This Covered. 19 October 2017, 12:13 PM, PDT)
- Kevin Feige Teases Doctor Strange 2, Says We Won’t See It For A While (From We Got This Covered. 19 October 2017, 9:20 AM, PDT)