Nicolas Cage explained his reasons for a quick exit from Seth Rogen’s The Green Hornet while promoting Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans during the Toronto Film Festival. Despite earlier accusations that his concerns revolved around the almighty dolla’, Cage was actually not very interested in the type of bad guy director Michel Gondry and Rogen wanted.
“The Green Hornet was something that I wanted to do, I think Michel Gondry is very talented and I had hoped it would work but I think Seth Rogen and Michel had a different take on the character,” the Oscar winner said. “I wasn’t interested in just being just a straight-up bad guy who was killing people willy-nilly.”
Nic only plays complex characters.
Cage, who is known to take roles that feed his inner little boy, wasn’t enchanted by the character Rogen and writing pal Evan Goldberg created. “I »
- Erik Buckman
Similar News ItemsQuentin Tarantino
- Francis Ford Coppola Publishing ‘The Godfather’ Notebook, Tarantino Entrances & Exits, and More (From The Film Stage. 26 May 2016, 2:14 PM, PDT)
- Us Briefs: Abramorama to release 'Breaking A Monster' (From ScreenDaily. 26 May 2016, 1:08 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Greta Gerwig, Julie Delpy, Zosia Mamet & More Star In First Trailer For Todd Solondz’s ‘Wiener-Dog’ (From The Playlist. 26 May 2016, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- VOD Vault #7 – How To Be Single / Sisters (From Blogomatic3000. 27 May 2016, 4:50 PM, PDT)
- AMC’s ‘Preacher’ Pilot Gets Audio Commentary from Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg (From Slash Film. 27 May 2016, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Margot Robbie's Naked Big Short Spoof Wins Red Nose Day (From Cinema Blend. 27 May 2016, 6:52 AM, PDT)
- Nicolas Cage gives an update on National Treasure 3 (From Flickeringmyth. 27 May 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Paul Schrader and Willem Dafoe: 'We thought we should really do the nasty' (From The Guardian - Film News. 27 May 2016, 12:56 AM, PDT)
- The Trust review – offbeat thriller is a criminal waste of talent (From The Guardian - Film News. 26 May 2016, 2:00 PM, PDT)