Padma Lakshmi is many things. Chef. Model. Host. Author. Emmy nominee. Jewelry designer. Hamburger devourer. Stopper of the segment of my brain that controls speech. But here’s one that you don’t often hear: Padma Lakshmi, funny lady.
Still, that is what the Top Chef hostess with the mostest could be known as next after signing a development deal with NBC for her own sitcom. According to Variety, the show — possibly called Single Serving — will star Padma as a woman working in the culinary world.
Now, I can’t vouch for Padma’s comedy chops, since the only kind of chops I’ve ever seen her with are of the pork variety; but I do know that if Padma is going to be on my TV, I am going to watch whether it’s a sitcom, drama, police procedural, sci-fi adventure or episode of Ice Road Truckers.
Plus it »
- dorothy snarker
Similar News ItemsMariah Carey
- Mariah Carey and James Packer -- Celebrating Red, White and You! (Photo) (From TMZ. 5 July 2015, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- Mariah Carey And James Packer Hold Hands In Ibiza (From Uinterview. 2 July 2015, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- Misty Copeland Talks Historic Achievement as Abt's First Black Principal Ballerina: ''I Wanted to Open the Dialogue About Race'' (From E! Online. 1 July 2015, 3:00 PM, PDT)
"Top Chef" (2006)
- Digital Audience Ratings: ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Heats Up (From Variety - TV News. 7 July 2015, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- Reality TV Emmy nominations: The problem with Betty White (From Hitfix. 30 June 2015, 1:25 PM, PDT)
- Bravo’s ‘Top Chef’ Helps Launch Culinary Careers (From Variety - TV News. 15 June 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Padma Lakshmi and Carson Daly on the Secret of Unscripted Success (From Variety - TV News. 15 June 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Khloe Kardashian Flaunts Major Skin at Upfronts, Goes Topless In Kylie Jenner Selfie! (From TooFab. 15 May 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Vishal Bhardwaj’s Shakespearean Trilogy to be showcased at next week’s New York Indian Film Festival (From Bollyspice. 29 April 2015, 6:26 PM, PDT)