Padma Lakshmi is many things. Chef. Model. Host. Author. Emmy nominee. Jewelry designer. Hamburger devourer. Stopper of the segment of my brain that controls speech. But here’s one that you don’t often hear: Padma Lakshmi, funny lady.
Still, that is what the Top Chef hostess with the mostest could be known as next after signing a development deal with NBC for her own sitcom. According to Variety, the show — possibly called Single Serving — will star Padma as a woman working in the culinary world.
Now, I can’t vouch for Padma’s comedy chops, since the only kind of chops I’ve ever seen her with are of the pork variety; but I do know that if Padma is going to be on my TV, I am going to watch whether it’s a sitcom, drama, police procedural, sci-fi adventure or episode of Ice Road Truckers.
Plus it »
- dorothy snarker
Similar News ItemsMariah Carey
- Links & Ink (From FilmExperience. 6 March 2014, 4:00 AM, PST)
- Hot In Here: How Stars Escaped The Polar Vortex (From TheFabLife - Movies. 4 March 2014, 11:15 AM, PST)
- Idina Menzel, Jimmy Fallon & The Roots Sing "Let It Go" With Classroom Instruments! (From TooFab. 4 March 2014, 6:15 AM, PST)
"Top Chef" (2006)
- Fullscreen Beefs Up Executive Team With New Cro And Head Of Content (From Tubefilter News. 5 March 2014, 12:52 PM, PST)
- 'Top Chef' Winner -- Cuts Deal in Matzoh Ball Lawsuit (From TMZ. 27 February 2014, 12:20 AM, PST)
- Food, Home Renovation Shows on Menu for A+E’s Fyi Launch (From Variety - TV News. 26 February 2014, 7:43 AM, PST)
- Throwback Thursday: See Padma Lakshmi As A Cute Kid (From TooFab. 28 February 2014)
- Nina Agdal's New Carl's Jr Ad—Watch the Sexy Spot! (From E! Online. 21 February 2014, 9:22 AM, PST)
- Pussy Riot, Padma Lakshmi Or Clay Aiken: Who’s Having The Best Week Ever? (From TheFabLife - Movies. 6 February 2014, 3:00 PM, PST)