Johnny Depp thrilled sick children at a London hospital on Wednesday - by dropping in unannounced, dressed as a pirate.
The actor has been in the U.K. capital this week (beg29Jun09) to promote new movie Public Enemies, and took time out from his busy schedule to visit Great Ormond Street Hospital to cheer up young patients.
Dressed as his Pirates Of The Caribbean character Captain Jack Sparrow, he visited several wards - including the one his daughter Lily-Rose stayed in when she was treated for kidney failure in 2007.
A source tells WENN, "Johnny was so friendly with all the children on the ward and they absolutely loved his pirate outfit.
"He spoke to lots of the youngsters and staff - and made their day by posing for pictures with them all."
The generous star has previously donated $1.5 million (£1 million) to the hospital to thank them for looking after his 10-year-old daughter during her health scare.
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Johnny Depp Steps Out After Lily-Rose Depp and Vanessa Paradis Publicly Defend Actor (From E! Online. 29 May 2016, 1:46 PM, PDT)
- Vanessa Paradis Breaks Silence on Johnny Depp Domestic Abuse Allegations (From E! Online. 29 May 2016, 1:17 PM, PDT)
- X-Men: Apocalypse Beats Alice 2 at the Box Office with $65M (From MovieWeb. 29 May 2016, 1:09 PM, PDT)
Public Enemies (2009)
- Recommended Discs & Deals: ‘The Player,’ ‘Manhunter,’ ‘A Married Woman,’ and More (From The Film Stage. 24 May 2016, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- Johnny Depp to star in Dominique Strauss-Kahn-inspired drama (From The Guardian - Film News. 11 May 2016, 4:09 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Celebrate the Greatest Cinematography of All-Time With New Video Essay (From The Film Stage. 28 April 2016, 12:40 PM, PDT)