Johnny Depp thrilled sick children at a London hospital on Wednesday - by dropping in unannounced, dressed as a pirate.
The actor has been in the U.K. capital this week (beg29Jun09) to promote new movie Public Enemies, and took time out from his busy schedule to visit Great Ormond Street Hospital to cheer up young patients.
Dressed as his Pirates Of The Caribbean character Captain Jack Sparrow, he visited several wards - including the one his daughter Lily-Rose stayed in when she was treated for kidney failure in 2007.
A source tells WENN, "Johnny was so friendly with all the children on the ward and they absolutely loved his pirate outfit.
"He spoke to lots of the youngsters and staff - and made their day by posing for pictures with them all."
The generous star has previously donated $1.5 million (£1 million) to the hospital to thank them for looking after his 10-year-old daughter during her health scare.
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Report: Is Ethan Hawke now the top choice to play Marvel's Doctor Strange? (From Hitfix. 1 October 2014, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- Who Is Gone Girl Star Rosamund Pike? (From VH1.com. 1 October 2014, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- These Four Exclusive 'Mortdecai' Posters Feature Must-See Mustaches (From Moviefone. 1 October 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
Public Enemies (2009)
- Michael Mann’s ‘Blackhat’ Trailer Knows Real Hackers Look Like Thor (From FilmSchoolRejects. 26 September 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Blackhat' Trailer Shows Chris Hemsworth Hulking Out, Explosions (From Rolling Stone. 26 September 2014, 6:03 AM, PDT)
- ‘Blackhat’, from filmmaker Michael Mann, gets its first trailer (From SoundOnSight. 25 September 2014, 12:05 PM, PDT)