Johnny Depp thrilled sick children at a London hospital on Wednesday - by dropping in unannounced, dressed as a pirate.
The actor has been in the U.K. capital this week (beg29Jun09) to promote new movie Public Enemies, and took time out from his busy schedule to visit Great Ormond Street Hospital to cheer up young patients.
Dressed as his Pirates Of The Caribbean character Captain Jack Sparrow, he visited several wards - including the one his daughter Lily-Rose stayed in when she was treated for kidney failure in 2007.
A source tells WENN, "Johnny was so friendly with all the children on the ward and they absolutely loved his pirate outfit.
"He spoke to lots of the youngsters and staff - and made their day by posing for pictures with them all."
The generous star has previously donated $1.5 million (£1 million) to the hospital to thank them for looking after his 10-year-old daughter during her health scare.
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Catch a wave and ride it into Baywatch's new release date! (From Cinelinx. 6 December 2016, 3:27 PM, PST)
- Dwayne Johnson’s ‘Baywatch’ Moved Back A Week to Memorial Day Weekend (From Variety - Film News. 5 December 2016, 6:07 PM, PST)
- Dracula Untold Is No Longer Part of Universal Monsters Universe (From MovieWeb. 5 December 2016, 11:19 AM, PST)
Public Enemies (2009)
- Dante Spinotti on Michael Mann’s Preparedness, Remastering Classics, and New Technologies (From The Film Stage. 28 November 2016, 10:57 AM, PST)
- Participant, Tribeca Developing Thriller ‘Price of Liberty’ (From Variety - Film News. 20 October 2016, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- Will ‘Allied’ Be the Next Film on Marion Cotillard’s Flawless Résumé? (From Scott Feinberg. 18 October 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)