Johnny Depp thrilled sick children at a London hospital on Wednesday - by dropping in unannounced, dressed as a pirate.
The actor has been in the U.K. capital this week (beg29Jun09) to promote new movie Public Enemies, and took time out from his busy schedule to visit Great Ormond Street Hospital to cheer up young patients.
Dressed as his Pirates Of The Caribbean character Captain Jack Sparrow, he visited several wards - including the one his daughter Lily-Rose stayed in when she was treated for kidney failure in 2007.
A source tells WENN, "Johnny was so friendly with all the children on the ward and they absolutely loved his pirate outfit.
"He spoke to lots of the youngsters and staff - and made their day by posing for pictures with them all."
The generous star has previously donated $1.5 million (£1 million) to the hospital to thank them for looking after his 10-year-old daughter during her health scare.
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- First Look: Stan Lee in Kevin Smith's Yoga Hosers (From Worst Previews. 30 August 2014, 4:28 AM, PDT)
- Wamg’s Guide To 100+ Films For Fall / Holiday 2014 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 29 August 2014, 1:49 PM, PDT)
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed ‘Seventh Son’ (From Deadline New York. 29 August 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
Public Enemies (2009)
- Awesome Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Concept Art (From ComicBookMovie. 19 August 2014, 3:46 PM, PDT)
- Win Pioneer on Blu-ray (From HeyUGuys. 6 August 2014, 2:48 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive Clip From Erik Skjoldbjærg’s ‘Pioneer’ (From The Hollywood News. 5 August 2014, 3:00 AM, PDT)