Johnny Depp thrilled sick children at a London hospital on Wednesday - by dropping in unannounced, dressed as a pirate.
The actor has been in the U.K. capital this week (beg29Jun09) to promote new movie Public Enemies, and took time out from his busy schedule to visit Great Ormond Street Hospital to cheer up young patients.
Dressed as his Pirates Of The Caribbean character Captain Jack Sparrow, he visited several wards - including the one his daughter Lily-Rose stayed in when she was treated for kidney failure in 2007.
A source tells WENN, "Johnny was so friendly with all the children on the ward and they absolutely loved his pirate outfit.
"He spoke to lots of the youngsters and staff - and made their day by posing for pictures with them all."
The generous star has previously donated $1.5 million (£1 million) to the hospital to thank them for looking after his 10-year-old daughter during her health scare.
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- ‘Transcendence’ a bland, low-key, and ultimately silly techno-thriller (From SoundOnSight. 17 April 2014, 9:05 PM, PDT)
- Box Office: 'Heaven Is For Real' tops 'Captain America' and 'Rio 2' on opening day (From Hitfix. 17 April 2014, 6:20 PM, PDT)
- Film Review: Meditative ‘Transcendence’ Also Artificially Intelligent (From HollywoodChicago.com. 17 April 2014, 6:00 PM, PDT)
Public Enemies (2009)
- Another Couple Of New Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Stills (From ComicBookMovie. 14 April 2014, 9:11 AM, PDT)
- April Showers: An Education (From FilmExperience. 10 April 2014, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- New Photos from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (From DailyDead. 9 April 2014, 9:25 AM, PDT)