The filmmaker helmed the original 2007 movie and returned this year with its sequel - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
But Bay, who is known for his explosive action sequences, is sick of receiving negative reviews from critics who dislike his movie-making style and is determined to move away from the genre.
He says, "It's easy to go shoot an art movie in a winery in the South of France. But people have no idea how hard it is to create something like Transformers. They (the critics) review me before they've even seen the movie."
And Bay admits that if film bosses give the go ahead for a third Transformers movie, they will have to find a different director.
He adds, "After the three and a half years I've spent making these movies, I feel like I've had enough of the Transformers world.
"I need to do something totally divergent, something without any explosions."
Similar News ItemsMichael Bay
- New Transformers 4 Movie Footage Leaked For Samsung Presentation,New Clip (From OnTheFlix. 19 April 2014, 1:06 PM, PDT)
- Samsung & Gm Unveil New Transformers: Age Of Extinction Footage (From ComicBookMovie. 19 April 2014, 11:20 AM, PDT)
- 8 Biggest Movie And TV News This Week (April 19) (From Obsessed with Film. 19 April 2014, 1:25 AM, PDT)
- Podcast: Reviewing 'Transcendence', Talking Cannes, Playing Games and Your Questions (From Rope Of Silicon. 18 April 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Shia Labeouf Only Owns One Pair of Pants—Here's Proof! (From E! Online. 17 April 2014, 2:40 PM, PDT)
- Small Time Movie Features Big-Time Stars (From ReelzChannel. 17 April 2014, 9:59 AM, PDT)