The filmmaker helmed the original 2007 movie and returned this year with its sequel - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
But Bay, who is known for his explosive action sequences, is sick of receiving negative reviews from critics who dislike his movie-making style and is determined to move away from the genre.
He says, "It's easy to go shoot an art movie in a winery in the South of France. But people have no idea how hard it is to create something like Transformers. They (the critics) review me before they've even seen the movie."
And Bay admits that if film bosses give the go ahead for a third Transformers movie, they will have to find a different director.
He adds, "After the three and a half years I've spent making these movies, I feel like I've had enough of the Transformers world.
"I need to do something totally divergent, something without any explosions."
Similar News ItemsMichael Bay
- Teaser for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows Super Bowl TV spot (From Flickeringmyth. 4 February 2016, 2:41 PM, PST)
- Check Out This Ninja Turtles Super Bowl Tease! (From LatinoReview. 4 February 2016, 12:25 PM, PST)
- 20 Best Easter Eggs In 2015 Movies (From Obsessed with Film. 4 February 2016, 8:14 AM, PST)
- Transformers 5 filming this year, summer 2017 release expected (From Den of Geek. 1 February 2016, 10:19 PM, PST)
- 'Transformers 5' Begins Shooting in May (From MovieWeb. 1 February 2016, 1:04 PM, PST)
- Next Transformers Film to Begin Production in May (From LatinoReview. 1 February 2016, 11:04 AM, PST)