The filmmaker helmed the original 2007 movie and returned this year with its sequel - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
But Bay, who is known for his explosive action sequences, is sick of receiving negative reviews from critics who dislike his movie-making style and is determined to move away from the genre.
He says, "It's easy to go shoot an art movie in a winery in the South of France. But people have no idea how hard it is to create something like Transformers. They (the critics) review me before they've even seen the movie."
And Bay admits that if film bosses give the go ahead for a third Transformers movie, they will have to find a different director.
He adds, "After the three and a half years I've spent making these movies, I feel like I've had enough of the Transformers world.
"I need to do something totally divergent, something without any explosions."
Similar News ItemsMichael Bay
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The Shadows Review (From TheMovieBit. 30 May 2016, 9:07 AM, PDT)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows review – halfwits in a halfshell (From The Guardian - Film News. 30 May 2016, 4:28 AM, PDT)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The Shadows review: “Plenty of fun and muscle” (From The Hollywood News. 30 May 2016, 3:24 AM, PDT)
- DVD Review – 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (2016) (From Flickeringmyth. 31 May 2016, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Kate Beckinsale Says Michael Bay Was "Baffled" by Her Looks While Filming Pearl Harbor (From E! Online. 31 May 2016, 4:52 AM, PDT)
- Filming underway on Transformers: The Last Knight, viral teaser released (From Flickeringmyth. 28 May 2016, 11:00 AM, PDT)