The red, blue and yellow outfit that was donned by the late Reeve in 1983 film Superman III is now being offered for sale in Melbourne, Australia by a private collector.
The costume is expected to fetch between $11,470 (£7,646) and $15,294 (£10,196) when it goes to auction on 24 May.
Reeve played the superhero in four movies between 1978 and 1987. He died aged 52 in 2004.
Similar News ItemsSuperman (1978)
- The Flash, Batman And Wonder Woman Featured In New Photo From Justice League (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 8 January 2017, 7:55 PM, PST)
- A Brief History of Superhero Movies at Awards Shows (From PEOPLE.com. 8 January 2017, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Jurassic World 2 Director Wants to Make a Superman Movie (From MovieWeb. 6 January 2017, 3:44 PM, PST)
- Newswire: Superman’s blue leotard is going up for auction (From The AV Club. 16 January 2017, 12:45 PM, PST)
- Christopher Reeve's Superman Costume, Michael Keaton's Batsuit Up For Auction (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 16 January 2017, 7:33 AM, PST)
- Vintage Superman and Batman Movie Costumes on Auction (Photo Gallery) (From TMZ. 16 January 2017, 12:30 AM, PST)
Superman II (1980)
- Rogue One: There Was An Opening Crawl (Edwards Wanted It!), And There'll Be No Extended Cut! (From LRM Online. 3 January 2017, 8:47 AM, PST)
- Doctor Who Christmas special: The Return Of Doctor Mysterio review (From Den of Geek. 23 December 2016, 2:52 PM, PST)
- 7 Films New to Netflix to Watch in January 2017, Including ‘E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial’ and ‘Boogie Nights’ (From Indiewire. 15 December 2016, 10:12 AM, PST)