Cannes -- Rachel Weisz may be going Old Hollywood.
"Value" centers on Lamarr's eccentric life, particularly her less-publicized second career as a scientist.
The Austrian-American actress garnered fame in the 1940s for her luminous screen presence, most famously for playing Delilah in Cecil B. DeMille's "Samson and Delilah." But she also was an accomplished scientist, helping to create a method of changing frequencies -- known as frequency-hopping -- that became a forerunner to modern wireless communications. That pursuit will be the primary subject of Redford's film.
Charlize Theron's name had surfaced in connection with the part.
The Endeavor-repped Weisz stars in "Agora," Alejandro »
- By Steven Zeitchik
Similar News ItemsCharlize Theron
- Rocco Ritchie Channels Mom Madonna's Ex Sean Penn For Actor's Birthday (From Uinterview. 20 August 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- The Devil's Advocate is being adapted as a television series at NBC (From JoBlo. 19 August 2014, 7:46 AM, PDT)
- The Devil's Advocate to Become a TV Series (From Worst Previews. 18 August 2014, 6:42 PM, PDT)
- An Epic Link Roundup (From FilmExperience. 14 August 2014, 12:33 PM, PDT)
- Dreamworks Confirms Nz Shoot for Michael Fassbender-starrer 'The Light Between Oceans' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 14 August 2014, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- News Bits: Maggie, 13, Light, Nyff, League (From Dark Horizons. 13 August 2014, 10:15 AM, PDT)
Robert Redford (I)
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks for Deepwater Horizon Bp Oil Disaster Film (From Worst Previews. 19 August 2014, 8:37 PM, PDT)
- Mark Wahlberg Boards Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon' Movie (From Rope Of Silicon. 19 August 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Mark Wahlberg may move from killer robots to doomed oil rigs with 'Deepwater Horizon' (From Hitfix. 19 August 2014, 10:41 AM, PDT)