Cannes -- Rachel Weisz may be going Old Hollywood.
"Value" centers on Lamarr's eccentric life, particularly her less-publicized second career as a scientist.
The Austrian-American actress garnered fame in the 1940s for her luminous screen presence, most famously for playing Delilah in Cecil B. DeMille's "Samson and Delilah." But she also was an accomplished scientist, helping to create a method of changing frequencies -- known as frequency-hopping -- that became a forerunner to modern wireless communications. That pursuit will be the primary subject of Redford's film.
Charlize Theron's name had surfaced in connection with the part.
The Endeavor-repped Weisz stars in "Agora," Alejandro »
- By Steven Zeitchik
Similar News ItemsCharlize Theron
- Sean Penn and Charlize Theron Pack on the Pda in Malibu—See the Loved-Up Couple! (From E! Online. 12 March 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Charlize and Sean Can't Keep Their Hands Off Each Other (From Popsugar. 12 March 2014, 8:20 AM, PDT)
- Naomi Campbell: "I Do Want to Have Children, Whether I Have a Man or Not" (From E! Online. 12 March 2014, 6:09 AM, PDT)
- The Definitive Kubrickian Films: 30-21 (From SoundOnSight. 11 March 2014, 9:51 PM, PDT)
- Wills-Kat 'perfect couple' when it comes to height (From RealBollywood. 11 March 2014, 12:47 AM, PDT)
- Top 200 Most Anticipated Films for 2014: #12. David Cronenberg’s Maps to the Stars (From ioncinema. 6 March 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
Robert Redford (I)
- Watch 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Live Red Carpet Premiere! (From MovieWeb. 13 March 2014, 5:37 PM, PDT)
- Watch 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Premiere Live Stream (Video) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 13 March 2014, 5:30 PM, PDT)
- Captain America The Winter Soldier: Sebastian Stan on 9-picture deal (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 13 March 2014, 5:10 PM, PDT)