The Annie Hall director launched a $10 million (£6.6 million) lawsuit again clothing giant American Apparel after company bosses used his image on billboard ads in New York and Los Angeles without his permission.
And in the latest round of legal arguments, the moviemaker wants his former girlfriend Farrow and Hustler tycoon Larry Flynt barred from giving evidence in the case - because it will turn the hearing into a "spectacle", according to the New York Daily News.
In legal papers, attorney Christian Carbone writes, “It is clear that the unproven allegations from the custody dispute will be used in a most lurid manner.”
Allen and Farrow were in a relationship for 12 years from 1980, but underwent a bitter battle for custody of their son Ronan and two adopted children following their split in 1992.
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- ‘Future Man’ Cast, Creators Pay Tribute to Glenne Headly: ‘She’s Like a Ball of Light’ (From Variety - TV News. 27 July 2017, 3:32 PM, PDT)
- Amazon To Self-Distribute First Film In Theaters, Woody Allen’s ‘Wonder Wheel’ (From Tubefilter News. 27 July 2017, 11:48 AM, PDT)
- Amazon Studios to self-distribute Woody Allen's 'Wonder Wheel' (From ScreenDaily. 27 July 2017, 10:58 AM, PDT)
- ‘Based on Bigotry’: Members of Congress, Lgbt Advocates Slam Trump’s Proposed Trans Military Ban (From PEOPLE.com. 26 July 2017, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- Luc Besson Movies Ranked from Worst to Best (From Indiewire. 20 July 2017, 7:54 AM, PDT)
- Topless Protestors Charge Stage at Woody Allen's Jazz Concert in Germany (From PEOPLE.com. 12 July 2017, 8:14 AM, PDT)
Larry Flynt (I)
- Larry Flynt Might Help John Oliver Win Lawsuit Over Foul-Mouthed Squirrel Gag (From The Wrap. 26 June 2017, 6:07 PM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Nobody Speak: Trials of the Free Press’ (From Variety - Film News. 23 June 2017, 9:11 AM, PDT)
- Woody Harrelson’s Lbj gets awards season release date (From Flickeringmyth. 25 May 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)