The movie star admits the note from his old friend meant as much to him as winning accolades for the film.
He recalls, "Coming from her, it was very special and it was very generous and heartfelt letter. It brought me to tears, really."
The pair reunited for the first time in 23 years on the red carpet at the premiere for their new movie The Informers in Hollywood on Thursday, and Rourke admits he was very nervous about meeting the screen beauty again.
He says, "We had no screen time together in the movie (The Informers), so I was very nervous. I hadn’t seen her in 23 years."
Similar News ItemsMickey Rourke
- 8 Actors Who Were Sadly Wasted In The Marvel Cinematic Universe (From We Got This Covered. 23 June 2016, 10:09 PM, PDT)
- Mickey Rourke -- Johnny Depp's a Low-Key Gentleman (Video) (From TMZ. 28 May 2016, 12:37 AM, PDT)
- Cannes Film Review: ‘Blood Father’ (From Variety - Film News. 21 May 2016, 5:00 PM, PDT)
The Wrestler (2008)
- Top Women Cinematographers Reveal 7 Best Tips for Career Success (From Thompson on Hollywood. 5 June 2016, 6:33 PM, PDT)
- How to Tour Los Angeles Film Festival Like a Pro (From Variety - Film News. 1 June 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Recommended Discs & Deals: ‘The Player,’ ‘Manhunter,’ ‘A Married Woman,’ and More (From The Film Stage. 24 May 2016, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- 11 Hollywood Stars Who Stripped Down for Playboy (Photos) (From The Wrap. 24 June 2016, 3:32 PM, PDT)
- Jamie Chung Is Valerie Vale In "Gotham" (From Dark Horizons. 21 June 2016, 6:57 AM, PDT)
- Gotham Season 3: Who's on Board as Valerie Vale? (From TVfanatic. 21 June 2016, 4:12 AM, PDT)