The movie star admits the note from his old friend meant as much to him as winning accolades for the film.
He recalls, "Coming from her, it was very special and it was very generous and heartfelt letter. It brought me to tears, really."
The pair reunited for the first time in 23 years on the red carpet at the premiere for their new movie The Informers in Hollywood on Thursday, and Rourke admits he was very nervous about meeting the screen beauty again.
He says, "We had no screen time together in the movie (The Informers), so I was very nervous. I hadn’t seen her in 23 years."
Similar News ItemsMickey Rourke
- Black Metal Murders Movie Lords of Chaos Gets Its Cast (From MovieWeb. 19 October 2016, 6:22 PM, PDT)
- Fox, Insurgent Backing Rory Culkin’s ‘Lords of Chaos’ (From Variety - Film News. 19 October 2016, 12:49 PM, PDT)
- ‘Lords Of Chaos’ Gets Moving With Financial Partners & More Cast (From Deadline. 19 October 2016, 12:18 PM, PDT)
The Wrestler (2008)
- Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky: What to Know About the Oscar-Nominated Director (From PEOPLE.com. 20 October 2016, 12:27 PM, PDT)
- Darren Aronofsky on His Private Writing Process, Fighting Financiers and His Mysterious New Film (From Indiewire. 11 October 2016, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- Hamptons International Film Festival Earns Rep as ‘Telluride East’ (From Variety - Film News. 6 October 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Ireland Baldwin Gets an Early Start on Halloween with a Racy (and Bloody) Costume (From PEOPLE.com. 22 October 2016, 3:16 PM, PDT)
- DVD Review – The Nice Guys (2016) (From Flickeringmyth. 26 September 2016, 1:50 AM, PDT)
- R.I.P. Curtis Hanson (From Hollywoodnews.com. 21 September 2016, 2:00 PM, PDT)