The movie star admits the note from his old friend meant as much to him as winning accolades for the film.
He recalls, "Coming from her, it was very special and it was very generous and heartfelt letter. It brought me to tears, really."
The pair reunited for the first time in 23 years on the red carpet at the premiere for their new movie The Informers in Hollywood on Thursday, and Rourke admits he was very nervous about meeting the screen beauty again.
He says, "We had no screen time together in the movie (The Informers), so I was very nervous. I hadn’t seen her in 23 years."
Similar News ItemsMickey Rourke
- Walk of Fame Honoree Brett Ratner’s Love of Cinema Is a Driving Force in His Career (From Variety - Film News. 19 January 2017, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Mickey Rourke Signs With Apa (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 19 January 2017, 9:29 AM, PST)
- The Criterion Collection Announces April Titles: ‘Tampopo,’ ‘Rumble Fish,’ ‘Woman of the Year’ and More (From Indiewire. 17 January 2017, 3:03 PM, PST)
The Wrestler (2008)
- The Founder, xXx: Return of Xander Cage and Split top Tanner's What to Watch weekend preview (From Cineplex. 20 January 2017, 12:21 PM, PST)
- 'The Founder' Review: Michael Keaton Makes a Happy Meal of McDonalds Biopic (From Rolling Stone. 18 January 2017, 6:50 AM, PST)
- Will xXx 3 Be the First Big Box Office Hit of 2017? (From MovieWeb. 17 January 2017, 8:53 AM, PST)
- 8 Major Things You Can Expect to See in Fifty Shades Darker (From BuzzSugar. 13 January 2017, 3:35 PM, PST)
- Christopher Nolan banned Jon Peters from Man Of Steel set (From Den of Geek. 12 January 2017, 12:17 PM, PST)
- Fifty Shades Darker Extended Trailer Features New Zayn and Taylor Swift Song (From MovieWeb. 3 January 2017, 8:17 AM, PST)