The movie star admits the note from his old friend meant as much to him as winning accolades for the film.
He recalls, "Coming from her, it was very special and it was very generous and heartfelt letter. It brought me to tears, really."
The pair reunited for the first time in 23 years on the red carpet at the premiere for their new movie The Informers in Hollywood on Thursday, and Rourke admits he was very nervous about meeting the screen beauty again.
He says, "We had no screen time together in the movie (The Informers), so I was very nervous. I hadn’t seen her in 23 years."
Similar News ItemsMickey Rourke
- The Expanse Season 2 Episode 5 Review: Home (From TVfanatic. 22 February 2017, 8:05 PM, PST)
- ‘The Expendables’ and ‘The Expendables 2’ Bound for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray (From TheHDRoom. 22 February 2017, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Exclusive Interview – Johnathon Schaech on Southern Fury, working with Nic Cage, and finding the truth in his performances (From Flickeringmyth. 20 February 2017, 5:30 AM, PST)
The Wrestler (2008)
- Westworld: The Complete First Season Digital HD Release Date & Special Features (From DailyDead. 17 February 2017, 3:39 PM, PST)
- Darren Aronofsky’s Favorite Movies and Where to Stream Them (From Indiewire. 16 February 2017, 12:55 PM, PST)
- New UK trailer for Schwarzenegger’s ‘Aftermath’ (From Blogomatic3000. 16 February 2017, 5:01 AM, PST)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Predicts the Oscars Will Get Political: ‘Why Should We Ignore’ It? (From PEOPLE.com. 21 February 2017, 7:01 AM, PST)
- Tree Crashes Through Ireland Baldwin’s Driveway As Storm Rages Through California (From PEOPLE.com. 17 February 2017, 8:49 PM, PST)
- Here’s the Best Order for Binge-Watching Every ‘Saturday Night Live’ Movie (From Entertainment Tonight. 14 February 2017, 9:00 AM, PST)