Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow was forced to call in pest control - after discovering her luxury Los Angeles home was overrun by rats.
But she was horrified when her advisers discovered vermin had taken up residence at the plush home, according to Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper.
And the actress was forced to hire an expensive rat catcher to rid the property of the unwanted guests.
A friend tells the publication, "Gwyneth wanted everything to be perfect. She was so excited about moving to L.A. with the family and to be closer to her actress mum. It will be the first time in ages that she, Chris and the children will be living together as a family.
"But her stomach turned at the thought of rats running around. She didn't want her homecoming ruined by those horrible creatures. Being an animal lover, Gwyneth didn't want the vermin harmed, just removed."
The couple applied finishing touches to the summer home last week (begs06Apr09), where they will stay while Paltrow films action sequel Iron Man 2. Martin will take care of their children - Apple, four, and Moses, three - when he returns from the first leg of a world tour with his band Coldplay.
Similar News ItemsGwyneth Paltrow
- The zombies live! David Fincher is set to direct World War Z 2, starring Brad Pitt (From HeyUGuys. 27 April 2017, 3:43 AM, PDT)
- Whitney Cummings Jokes She ‘Almost Drowned’ Shooting Her Book Cover — Check It Out! (From PEOPLE.com. 25 April 2017, 5:23 PM, PDT)
- Gwyneth Paltrow To Open First Goop Beauty Pop-Up Shop In New York City (From ET Canada. 25 April 2017, 1:05 PM, PDT)
Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Review #2: A-Holes Return with Heart to Spare (From MovieWeb. 27 April 2017, 11:19 AM, PDT)
- Justin Theroux Says He's 'Not in Competition' With Wife Jennifer Aniston When It Comes to Success (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 April 2017, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- These ‘Avengers 4’ Subtitles Would Actually Be Spoilers (From FilmSchoolRejects. 25 April 2017, 7:51 AM, PDT)
Chris Martin (XI)
- Harry Styles On Gay Rights: ‘I Feel Like Everyone Is Equal’ (From ET Canada. 27 April 2017, 11:11 AM, PDT)
- Andi Dorfman Sympathizes with Bachelorette Ex Chris Soules After ‘Horrific, Life-Altering Tragedy’ (From PEOPLE.com. 26 April 2017, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Andi Dorfman Reacts to Chris Soules' 'Life-Altering Tragedy': 'It's All Very Sad' (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 April 2017, 8:53 AM, PDT)