The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences kicks off Part 2 of its 27th annual "Contemporary Documentaries" screening series with James Longley's "Sari's Mother" and Michael Moore's "Sicko" at 7 p.m. March 25 at the Linwood Dunn Theater in Hollywood.
A showcase for both feature-length and short documentaries drawn from among films considered for the 2007 Academy Awards, the program, for which admission is free, runs through June.
The schedule includes:
April 29: Neil Leifer's "Portraits of a Lady" and Peter Raymon'ts "A Promise to the Dead: The Exile Journey of Ariel Dorfman"
May 13: Richard E. Robbins' "Operation Homecoming: Writing the »
Similar News ItemsMichael Moore (II)
- Dogwoof inks 'Where To Invade Next' deal with VoD platform Wuaki.tv (From ScreenDaily. 29 July 2016, 4:29 AM, PDT)
- ‘Hillary’s America’ is the Year’s Top Documentary, and Dinesh D’Souza is the New Michael Moore (From Indiewire. 27 July 2016, 7:14 AM, PDT)
- Shonda Rhimes, Bryan Cranston & Dozens Of Other Celebrities Join Anti-Trump Campaign (From Deadline. 26 July 2016, 5:16 PM, PDT)
Tony Kaye (I)
- Film Review: ‘Red Christmas’ (From Variety - Film News. 27 July 2016, 3:14 PM, PDT)
- Craig Anderson on directing E.T.'s Dee Wallace in debut slasher Red Christmas (From IF.com.au. 14 June 2016, 6:53 PM, PDT)
- Tony Kaye Lives: How The Fallen ‘American History X’ Director Hopes to Exorcise His Demons For His Boldest Feature Yet (From Indiewire. 14 June 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- David Oyelowo to Star in ‘A Day in the Death of America’ (From Variety - Film News. 13 April 2016, 4:03 PM, PDT)
- A&E IndieFilms Thrives After Decade of Backing Steady Stream of Quality Docs (From Variety - Film News. 12 April 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Gary Hustwit launches Vr studio Scenic (From ScreenDaily. 7 April 2016, 4:59 AM, PDT)