Actor Steven Seagal has vowed to help officials in Costa Rica boost the country's movie industry.
The Under Siege star met with Costa Rican President Oscar Arias on Wednesday to discuss ways to encourage more American filmmakers to work in the Central American country.
Seagal is adamant that the region's dramatic landscapes make perfect movie backdrops and would be a cheaper alternative for directors on tight budgets.
And the star has promised to use his Hollywood expertise to help bring more film projects to the area.
He says, "Costa Rica has everything - both rain forest and dry climate. What it lacks is an infrastructure to make movies."
Similar News ItemsMel Gibson (I)
- Voltage Bests Director In Battle Over Mel Gibson’s ‘The Professor & The Madman’ (From Deadline. 24 September 2017, 10:22 PM, PDT)
- Judge Denies Director’s Bid to Seize and Destroy ‘The Professor and the Madman’ (From Variety - Film News. 22 September 2017, 3:36 PM, PDT)
- Mel Gibson is Currently Suing His Own Studio Over The Professor and the Madman (From PasteMagazine. 22 September 2017, 11:46 AM, PDT)
- Gotham Season 4 Review (From We Got This Covered. 21 September 2017, 7:52 PM, PDT)
- Cartels DVD Review (From ShockYa. 19 September 2017, 6:51 AM, PDT)
- ‘American Assassin’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 14 September 2017, 6:01 AM, PDT)
- Video Essay. Pialat: Tough Love (From MUBI. 18 September 2017, 4:41 AM, PDT)
- Juliette Binoche & Andre Benjamin Join Robert Pattinson In Claire Denis’ Sci-Fi ‘High Life’ (From The Playlist. 8 September 2017, 1:52 PM, PDT)
- 'Nobody’s Perfect!' ('Bonne pomme'): Film Review (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 1 September 2017, 1:11 PM, PDT)