The 33-year-old actor has starred in the show as Dr. John 'J.D.' Dorian since its inception in 2001, but admits he's anxious to trade his on-screen role to get behind the camera.
He says, "We thought the show was over after seven years and we all got this bonus year so we're all very excited about that. We don't know if ABC is going to continue airing the show or not - it will all depend on this season.
"I think eight years is a great run. I'm very thankful for it but there are so many other things I'd like to do in my career and I think it's time to move on.
"I directed (2004 film) Garden State. I'd like to direct more films and you can't to both. It's hard to be the lead in a TV show and also try to direct movies."
Similar News ItemsZach Braff
- Worldview Takes on Sales Agent for Withholding 'Wish I Was Here' Money (From The Hollywood Reporter. 2 September 2015, 11:18 AM, PDT)
- Wild Bunch Arbitration Moves Spawn Worldview Lawsuit Over Trio Of Films (From Deadline. 1 September 2015, 8:35 PM, PDT)
- 93 movie remakes and reboots currently in the works (From Den of Geek. 19 August 2015, 2:05 AM, PDT)
- Isn't It Time We Appreciate Dave Franco For the Sexy Beast He Is? (From Popsugar. 25 August 2015, 10:40 AM, PDT)
- The Mindy Project Season 4: Happy Endings Alum Eliza Coupe to Guest Star (From TVovermind.com. 12 August 2015, 11:28 AM, PDT)
- 'Fletch' Remake Back on as Relativity Closes? (From MovieWeb. 1 August 2015, 9:04 AM, PDT)
Garden State (2004)
- Braff Set for 'Scrubs' Payday (From WENN. 6 March 2007)
- 'Stronger collection' nets Sundance sales boom (From The Hollywood Reporter. 24 January 2007)
- Braff: "I'm Depressed" (From WENN. 15 January 2007)