Here's something I was surprised to see: You can watch The Last Tango in Paris on Hulu. Quite possibly the most disputed sexual drama ever made, Last Tango stars Marlon Brando as an American businessman coping with the suicide of his wife when he meets a young woman in Paris with whom he shares an uncontrollable attraction.
The couple begins a sexual relationship, never allowing themselves to develop things beyond the purely physical, and never even using their names. It's all very 1973.
But the film is more known for its extremely frank sex scenes than it is Brando's performance or even Bernardo Bertolucci's direction. In fact, by today's standards the sex still warrants an Nc-17 rating. Beyond the mere nature of the scenes, however, Last Tango is an important film in terms of loosening restrictions on what could and could not be shown in a major motion picture. »
- Colin Boyd
Similar News ItemsMarlon Brando
- The Definitive ‘What the F**k?’ Movies: 20-11 (From SoundOnSight. 13 September 2014, 7:07 PM, PDT)
- MGM Hit With $5 Million Lawsuit Over Classic Clint Eastwood, Marlon Brando Films (From The Wrap. 9 September 2014, 9:39 PM, PDT)
- Mel Brooks Riffs on ‘Young Frankenstein,’ Laddie and the Biz (From Variety - Film News. 9 September 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Venice: Fest Drawing To A Close; Soaring Open, Damp Middle & Some Standouts (From Deadline New York. 6 September 2014, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Goings On | Cru, Bertolucci, July (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 29 August 2014, 5:54 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Goings On | Cru, Bertolucci, July (From Keyframe. 29 August 2014, 5:54 AM, PDT)