Legendary British actor Jack Douglas has died of pneumonia at the age of 81.
He was also a revered theatre actor and pantomime star, and appeared in several British TV comedies including The Goodies and The Benny Hill Show.
Douglas had suffered ill health for a number of years, and died at his home on the Isle of Wight, off the south coast of England, on Thursday.
His agent Phil Dale says, "Jack was one of those lovely people who came from the world of comedy and understood comedy timing in the sense of the old British tradition of farce".
Douglas leaves a partner, Vivien Howell.
Similar News Items"The Goodies" (1970)
- BBC2 marks 50 years with Michael Palin, Harry Enfield and Ricky Gervais (From The Guardian - TV News. 19 March 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Sir David Frost obituary (From The Guardian - TV News. 1 September 2013, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Bill Oddie: 'BBC Springwatch axe put me in hospital for a year' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 13 August 2013, 1:26 AM, PDT)
Carry on Matron (1972)
- Downton Abbey recap: series four, episode four (From The Guardian - TV News. 13 October 2013, 1:59 PM, PDT)
- London Film Memorabilia Convention Hammer & Horror Film Day- London, 9 November (From CinemaRetro. 27 September 2013, 9:16 PM, PDT)
- Actors Look Up Ladies’ Skirts In New Nymphomaniac Promo (From The Hollywood News. 16 May 2013, 9:30 AM, PDT)
Carry on Abroad (1972)
- DVD Review – For Men Only (1968) (From Flickeringmyth. 30 March 2015, 1:10 AM, PDT)
- 16 hidden treats found waiting for you in movie credits (From Den of Geek. 11 September 2014, 1:17 AM, PDT)
- John Clive obituary (From The Guardian - Film News. 18 October 2012, 9:15 AM, PDT)