15 December 2008 12:00 PM, PST | The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News | See recent The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News news »
November is for vampires.
That seems to be the thinking at Summit Entertainment, which Monday slotted the film "New Moon" -- the sequel to vampire romance "Twilight" -- for Friday, Nov. 20. "Twilight" opened with a huge $69.6 million in domestic boxoffice in the Nov. 21 frame this year, and distributors tend to return to the scene of such happy events with future franchise installments.
"Same time, same place," Summit distribution boss Richie Fay said. "If it's also the same gross, we'll be very pleased. Hopefully, we'll have even better results."
Execs at Summit -- which announced plans for a sequel on just the second day of release for "Twilight" -- just confirmed that Chris Weitz ("The Golden Compass") will direct "New Moon." The minimajor recently parted ways on the project with Catherine Hardwicke, who helmed the original.
Both vampire pics are based on books in the teen literary series by Stephenie Meyer. »
- By Carl DiOrio
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- Jon Favreau’s 7 Rules for Making a Good Movie, from ‘The Jungle Book’ to ‘The Lion King’ (From Indiewire. 22 April 2017, 12:39 PM, PDT)
- The Marvel Cinematic Universe May Never Be The Same Again After Avengers: Infinity War (From We Got This Covered. 21 April 2017, 5:46 PM, PDT)
- Everything Spider-Man's Stark-Made Costume Can Do in Homecoming (From MovieWeb. 21 April 2017, 4:36 PM, PDT)
Dwayne Johnson (I)
- Baywatch Slow-Motion Marathon Interviews – Zac Efron, Alexandra Daddario, Kelly Rohrbach + the veteran cast (From HeyUGuys. 23 April 2017, 1:31 AM, PDT)
- Dwayne Johnson Reportedly Being Eyed for 'Fast and the Furious' Spinoff (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 April 2017, 9:04 PM, PDT)
- Deadpool 2, New Mutants, and X-Men: Dark Phoenix all receive 2018 release dates (From HeyUGuys. 22 April 2017, 5:25 PM, PDT)
Sherlock Holmes (2009)
- Will Smith Circling Genie Role in Disney’s Live-Action Aladdin (From PEOPLE.com. 20 April 2017, 5:40 AM, PDT)
- ‘Fargo’ Review: Why the Season 3 Premiere Feels Familiar, But Foretells Big Changes (From Indiewire Television. 19 April 2017, 8:29 PM, PDT)
- ‘Fargo’ Review: Why the Season 3 Premiere Feels Familiar, But Foretells Big Changes (From Indiewire. 19 April 2017, 8:29 PM, PDT)