This two part examination of James Bond looks at how Ian Fleming’s character has remained popular for over 50 years.
Since Dr No was released in 1962, James Bond has captivated the cinema going public and delivered a character that is synonymous with Britain and sophistication. Originally from the pen of author Ian Fleming, Bond was immortalized by Sean Connery, who delivered what many to believe the best portrayal of Fleming’s fictional killer.
The Bond films have been incredibly successful, with allegedly one third of the world’s population having viewed at least one of the spy’s exploits over the years.
When the first James Bond film was released, the world was a very different place: The cold war was in full swing, Beatlemania hadn’t yet exploded on the music scene and the thought of exotic locations was a pipe dream for many. In the 1960’s the life »
- Niall Browne
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Page 2: Star Wars, Shining, Totoro, David Lynch, Transformers, GoT, Frozen, Mindy Kaling, Doctor Who (From Slash Film. 30 September 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Points of Articulation: Hot Toys Han Solo and Chewbacca (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 30 September 2014, 1:48 PM, PDT)
- Comics: Marvel And Lucasfilm Unveil Joe Quesada's Wraparound Star Wars #1 Variant (From ComicBookMovie. 30 September 2014, 1:41 PM, PDT)
George Lucas (I)
- David Fincher calls R2-D2 and C-3Po 'slaves' and explains why he's not making 'Episode VII' (From Hitfix. 29 September 2014, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Episode VII Star Oscar Isaac Not a Fan of Lucas' Star Wars Changes (From GeekTyrant. 29 September 2014, 10:26 AM, PDT)
- Oscar Isaac: 'George Lucas changes made Star Wars less interesting' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 September 2014, 7:42 AM, PDT)
Mission: Impossible (1996)
- ‘Mission: Impossible 5′ Set Images Offer First Look at Rebecca Ferguson (From Screen Rant. 29 September 2014, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- Why Denzel Washington May Be the Last Pure Movie Star (From Variety - Film News. 28 September 2014, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- Renner Talks 'Avengers 2', 'M:i-5' & Says New 'Bourne' Could Follow Marvel Model (From Rope Of Silicon. 28 September 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)