A freak accident on the set of Sherlock Holmes nearly resulted in the second casting replacement for Iron Man 2. During shooting of the Guy Ritchie project, Robert Downey Jr. was accidentally popped in the face by a 350-pound stuntman during a fight sequence. He was knocked unconscious briefly, but is apparently now doing fine. In fact, the actor refused a trip to the hospital upon reawakening and even reportedly wanted to go right back to shooting. He ended up with six stitches in his mouth courtesy of the on-set nurse.
Apparently a petrol tanker also exploded on the set last week, causing a two hour shutdown. Some sources claim the explosion came perilously close to actor Jude Law.
Is Sherlock Holmes cursed? Maybe we should consider going to 11 on our list of The Ten Most Memorable Cursed Movies.
Link | Posted 12/1/2008 by Jeff
- Jeff Otto
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- Theatre Review: David Arquette’s ‘Sherlock Holmes’ Cheapens Drama With Campy, Unfunny Comedy (From HollywoodChicago.com. 26 November 2015, 1:32 PM, PST)
- Captain America: Civil War Trailer #1 – Flickering Myth Reaction (From Flickeringmyth. 26 November 2015, 5:04 AM, PST)
- Captain America: Civil War trailer reaction (From Flickeringmyth. 26 November 2015, 3:09 AM, PST)
Iron Man (2008)
- Captain America: Civil War in-depth trailer analysis (From Shadowlocked. 28 November 2015, 3:37 PM, PST)
- The Week in Spandex – Captain America: Civil War, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Iron Fist, Agent Carter, Fantastic Four 2, Batman v Superman, Aquaman, Legends of Tomorrow and more (From Flickeringmyth. 28 November 2015, 5:50 AM, PST)
- New Captain America Civil War First Movie Trailer Hit The Net (From OnTheFlix. 27 November 2015, 12:14 PM, PST)
Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Supergirl Season 1 Episode 5 Review – ‘Live Wire’ (From Flickeringmyth. 28 November 2015, 2:45 AM, PST)
- Review: Ant-Man (From Comicmix. 27 November 2015, 11:16 AM, PST)
- Saif Ali Khan to star in an Indian adaptation of Jon Favreau’s critically acclaimed Chef” (From Bollyspice. 25 November 2015, 11:14 PM, PST)