Director Ridley Scott will helm the bizarre big screen adaptation of popular boardgame Monopoly.
The Gladiator moviemaker has been signed by studio giant Universal to bring the long-running game to life.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Ridley will give the Monopoly movie a futuristic edge akin to his 1982 epic Blade Runner.
The unlikely subject matter is just one in a line of Hasbro games to get big screen makeovers as part of an exclusive pairing with Universal Studios.
Similar News ItemsRidley Scott
- Springsteen & I Examines The Boss’ Influence in July (From Comicmix. 18 June 2013, 5:16 PM, PDT)
- Relativity Moves Scott Cooper’s ‘Out Of The Furnace’ Into Heat Of Oscar Season With November 27 Limited Release (From Deadline New York. 18 June 2013, 4:23 PM, PDT)
- Prometheus 2 has a new, less Damon Lindelof-y writer. (From The AV Club. 18 June 2013, 12:00 PM, PDT)
Michael Bay (I)
- Movie Review - Man of Steel (2013) (From Flickeringmyth. 18 June 2013, 2:51 PM, PDT)
- Marvel Taps Iron Man 3 Composer Brian Tyler To Score Thor: The Dark World (From ComicBookMovie. 18 June 2013, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- Transformers 4 Set: First Look At Reynor, Peltz & Rally Fighter (From Filmofilia. 18 June 2013, 9:50 AM, PDT)
- First Look at Jack Reynor and Nicola Peltz on Set of Transformers 4, Plus a New Vehicle and Michael Bay’s Attractive Additions to the Cast (From Collider.com. 17 June 2013, 9:48 PM, PDT)
- Superman Reboot Grossed $3 Million More Than Originally Estimated - Now No.2 Non-Sequel in June (Sort of) (From Alt Film Guide. 17 June 2013, 7:39 PM, PDT)
- New Myth, Toonz Ent. Help Launch Epiphany, A $200 Million Film Fund (From Deadline New York. 17 June 2013, 6:31 PM, PDT)