Charles Addams’ immortal family of kooks will be singing and dancing in the Windy City come late 2009. The performances for the yet-to-be-cast musical will begin November 13, 2009 at Chicago’s Oriental Theatre according to The Chicago Tribune. The formal opening date is expected to be a few weeks later in early December.
When The Addams Family production was first announced May 21, 2007 by Elephant Eye Theatrical they anticipated it being ready for the 2009-2010 Broadway season but that date may now slip a year.
The production is being written by songwriter Andrew Lippa and Jersey Boys writers Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice. Improbable Theater founders Phelim McDermott and Julian Crouch will direct and design.
“Chicago has instructive and enthusiastic audiences,” lead producer Stuart Oken told the paper. “Given our roots in the Chicago theater community, this was the only place we ever imagined doing our first production.”
Workshop productions to help shape »
- Robert Greenberger
Similar News ItemsNathan Lane (I)
- Beauty and the Beast Lyricist Addressed His Struggle with AIDS with the Musical’s Songs (From PEOPLE.com. 24 March 2017, 10:46 AM, PDT)
- Quantico Recap: Teamwork Makes Dismantling the Scheme Work (From TVLine.com. 20 March 2017, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- Theatre review: La Cage aux Folles (UK Tour) (From The Hollywood News. 16 March 2017, 1:55 AM, PDT)
The Addams Family (1991)
- Chips Review (From We Got This Covered. 24 March 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Awards Roundup: Honors for Christina Ricci, Julie Delpy, and Judith Light (From Women and Hollywood. 22 March 2017, 11:02 AM, PDT)
- Quantico Recruits Krysta Rodriguez (From TVLine.com. 13 March 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Madam Secretary: Season Three Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 28 March 2017, 12:49 PM, PDT)
- Madam Secretary: Season Four Ordered by CBS (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 March 2017, 4:18 PM, PDT)
- Madam Secretary: Season Four Renewal Expected as Ep Signs New CBS Deal (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 March 2017, 7:57 PM, PDT)