The new production outfit is a sister to sales/financing company Essential Entertainment. Although funded by separate pools of equity, the two share mutual investors and employees: Ee co-founder Jim Kohlberg is Ep's chairman/CEO, and exec Neil Kaplan is president/COO.
Ep is aiming to develop, package, finance and produce two to three films a year in the $10 million-$40 million range, then sell them via Ee, which Kohlberg continues to run with co-founder Jere Haufstater. The slate includes:
-- The Natalie Portman starrer "Isabella V," an adaptation of John Richardson's 2003 blog-formatted Esquire article about an heiress on the run from her family. Dan Gordon ("The Hurricane") wrote the thriller script, to be produced in conjunction with Brightlight Pictures and Handsome Charlie Films.
-- "Outlander," based on Diana Gabaldon's 1992 best-seller about a »
- By Gregg Goldstein
Similar News ItemsBruce Willis
- Kevin James Teases Fake Spinoff 'Game of Thrones of Queens' on 'Letterman' (From Rolling Stone. 17 April 2015, 8:43 AM, PDT)
- Alan Rickman Says 'Die Hard' Was "Quite Revolutionary," But Admits He Almost Turned It Down (From The Playlist. 16 April 2015, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Billy Crystal Sings Adieu to David Letterman (From Thompson on Hollywood. 15 April 2015, 9:06 AM, PDT)
- ‘War Room’ to Open Geena Davis’ Bentonville Festival, ‘Pitch Perfect 2′ Closing (From Variety - Film News. 17 April 2015, 10:02 AM, PDT)
- Cannes 2015 Films Include Jacques Audiard, Natalie Portman & Pixar (From FirstShowing.net. 16 April 2015, 11:31 AM, PDT)
- 2015 Cannes Film Festival Line Up Revealed (From Hollywoodnews.com. 16 April 2015, 10:51 AM, PDT)
Morgan Freeman (I)
- Movie Review – Last Knights (2015) (From Flickeringmyth. 17 April 2015, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Ryan Gosling Sets Sights on Blade Runner Sequel (From DailyDead. 16 April 2015, 1:51 PM, PDT)
- Timur Bekmambetov’s Ben-hur Actors At Vatican For Papal Audience Visit (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 15 April 2015, 3:56 PM, PDT)