The British actor was in a Whole Foods supermarket when Bond producer Barbara Broccoli called to tell him he was the next 007.
Craig recalls, "She went, 'Over to you kiddo,' so I put down the groceries, went straight into the liquor store, bought a bottle of vodka and got smashed."
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- 7 James Bond Films to Watch in Roger Moore's Honor Today (From BuzzSugar. 23 May 2017, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Irreverent and knowing as James Bond: Sir Roger Moore obituary (From The Guardian - Film News. 23 May 2017, 7:21 AM, PDT)
- From EW Archives: Roger Moore’s Charm in Person—and Why He Was the ‘Best Bond’ (From PEOPLE.com. 23 May 2017, 7:20 AM, PDT)
- Pierce Brosnan Talks ‘Spinning Man’ On The Los Angeles Set – Cannes Market (From Deadline. 24 May 2017, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- How Roger Moore Made the Role of James Bond His Own (From Variety - Film News. 24 May 2017, 2:13 AM, PDT)
- ‘Becoming Bond’ Director Sees George Lazenby and Daniel Craig as Kindred Spirits (From Variety - Film News. 23 May 2017, 9:30 PM, PDT)
- Daniel Craig, Pierce Brosnan, Sean Connery Pay Tribute to ‘Magnificent Bond’ Roger Moore (From Variety - Film News. 24 May 2017, 3:29 AM, PDT)
- Roger Moore Honored by 'Bond' Producers, Fellow Secret Agents (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 23 May 2017, 11:25 AM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan and James Bond: Here’s Why He’s a Perfect Fit (From Indiewire. 4 May 2017, 12:01 PM, PDT)